Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pool time

Rhett has been taking swim lessons since the beginning of April, and he's doing great. His little class is currently working on the backstroke. I'm so proud of him. Alexee started taking a weekly private lesson this month, so she's had three lessons. The first one did not go well. She hadn't had a nap that day, and she was in one of her (bad) moods. I don't think she liked the young guy who was teaching that day (he's very nice--I'm not sure what her problem was with him?). So I dreaded the second week, but decided to give it another try. A girl taught that day and Alexee had a good nap before lesson. She loved it! She smiled and reached for toys and seemed totally comfortable in the water. And today was even better. She had yet another teacher (I think this is supposed to be her actual teacher) and they got along great. She was actually R's teacher earlier in the summer, and she's so sweet with the kids. She said that Alexee pushed off from the wall and "glided" to her, and she came by me on this noodle, kicking her feet just like Ms. Diana told her! Ms. Diana said after class that she really thought Alexee would "get it" very quickly because she's not the least bit afraid of the water. I hope she's right!

*******
Yesterday afternoon my friend Darcy invited us over to swim at the pool that they've been going to this summer. Whew, two adults and six kids age 5 and under doesn't make for a super relaxing pool visit, but we had a good time. Rhett and Hudson Lee wore their life-jackets so that they could play in the big pool next to the kiddie pool. We tried to keep Alexee and Bostyn in the kiddie pool, but they soon figured out that the fun (and the cooler water) was over where the big kids were. Thankfully the baby boys were pretty easy. Camp is 4 months older than Crosby. It took a little while for Crosby to fall asleep, but he finally did after I took his outfit off and he got cool enough to rest in the stroller.

Don't they look sweet sleeping in their diapers!?
Crosby
Alexee
Taking a break in the shade to drink Sunny D

(I didn't get a picture of Rhett and Hudson Lee. I just snapped a few quick pics then put the camera back in the bag. It was way too hectic to try to take lots of photos!)

7 comments:

Jacquie said...

Alexee doesn't seem like the type to be afraid of much of anything!

Kelly said...

So fun that you and Darcy got to take your kids swimming.....but yep - I can't imagine 6 kids between you was very relaxing.

We've Got Scents said...

So cute and fun days for these kids. You and your friend were very brave to take them all to the pool!
The Hogs are keeping me up too late tonight but knowing the coach there very well, I'm gonna wait this one out and HOPE they win!
I've commented a couple of times recently on your sister's blog and get them back in an email?? Not sure what's up with that but tell her for me please....her kids are too cute (and her onions/garlic? OMG) :)
Blessings tonight and always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

Yeah....HOGS WON:) Nite

On the Eastern Journey said...

I'm so glad Alexee is enjoying swimming. Those afternoon naps can make or break the rest of the day!

Crosby looked so sweet sleeping in his diaper.

In His Army said...

lex looks adorable in those goggles! I'm proud of Rhett too, he is doing so well! It's neat that Darcy lives close now and your kids get to play together!

Erin said...

I know what you mean by hectic! We went to the water park last weekend and I wanted to take tons of pictures but it wwas way to hard!

Leigh Ann said...

A looks so cute in her "bobbles" as EG calls them!