The kids and I spent last weekend with my parents in Flippin. This was my first overnight trip with all three kids. We had perfect, early-summer days to play outside. We got there about noon on Saturday. Mom held Crosby while he napped and Dad and I took Rhett, Alexee and Clay (their dog) to the river. Friday night Dad grilled steaks and we had corn and homemade bread from my Grandmother--yum! I was so proud of Rhett for eating all three of these things-it's hard to get him to eat much of anything from a food group other than "cookies & candies" (that is a food group, right?) so I was excited about his good appetite.
Sunday morning we went to church and got to see several friends there. We always enjoy going to church with Mom & Dad. Rhett sang in the choir, Alexee was willing to stay in the nursery and Crosby slept through it all.
After church, we ate a quick lunch, picked up Sonic drinks and went back to the river for the afternoon. R & A had a blast looking for crawdads and swimming in the ice-cold water of the White River. I've mentioned it before, but it's so neat for me to see the kids playing at the river because it brings back such pleasant memories of my own childhood. My sister and I spent countless hours doing just what they were doing. Now I find myself wishing for more time there with the kids. They seem so happy, and that makes me happy!
For a full photo album of our trip, look HERE.
My Grandparents came by to see the kids Sunday evening. I think Grandmother liked the fact that Crosby smiled at her!

While I was home I looked through one of the MANY boxes of photos that my Mom has. I found this one of me and my childhood friend, Darcy. I wanted to post it since I'd recently written about our playdate. I think Darcy's older daughter, Hudson Lee, looks a lot like her.
I also wanted to post this one because Rhett and I have been talking about the possibility of his front teeth falling out soon (they're not loose yet, but it probably won't be long!).
We got back home yesterday around noon, Alexee took a nap, then we left again for R's swim lesson. We always miss Lane and Bogart when we're in Flippin, and it's great to get back to see them. Last night L grilled for us, and it was all delicious!
Chicken, squash, corn, twice-baked potatoes and bread. Thanks, Chef Lane!





6 comments:
I love those old pictures of you and Darcy!
I was so jealous that mom got to see Crosby! I wish I could see him!
I'm glad you had a good visit.
That dinner of Lane's is making my mouth water.
I love all the pictures. I tagged you on my blog with an award!
yummmmm
mel
We were so glad to see you this week-end and get to meet Crosby! He is just like your other two....just precious! Won't be long till he'll get to dap his feet in the cold White River!
Your pics were great! Especially loved the one of Alexee with Clay....so cute!
When I grow up, I want to live in Flippen so I can go fishing in the creek. When I'm done with that, I'll ride the farm buggy around and look for Sam the Duck - who I'm sure is enjoying a nice life on the lake - as opposed to a box in our bathroom.
My heart nearly broke when I realized I missed seeing y'all last Sunday. I LOVE getting to see R in the choir. Those are some of my favorite Sundays!!
Post a Comment