Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cindegorilla


This girl is such a delight! She says so many cute things, and she is very full of energy! I think she's just the perfect balance of tough and tender. She loves to dress up, but she'd be happy putting on a beautiful smocked dress and then slipping on her cowboy boots with it and going to the barn to ride the pony or jump in a mud puddle!

I bought a new casual dress at Target the other day, and she was with me when I got it. She went on and on about it while it was in the cart. She wanted to hold onto it, etc. I put it on Sunday morning to wear to church and she came in the bathroom and said, "Ooooh, that is so pretty. I'd like to borrow that sometime." I told her she could borrow it any time. :)

Last night at bed time we were reading her princess books, which is the routine since Christmas (the book set was a gift from Lane's brother's family, and she LOVES them all.) She wanted to "read" them all to me last night. I knew she had two of them memorized, "Ariel Learns a Lesson" and "Snow White Makes a Change", but it was new to me when she said she'd read them all. I loved when she got to the one about Cinderella...only she called her "Cinde-gorilla"! Lane and I think it's cute that when she reads the Snow White book and says the line, "she even found a shoe in the soup pot", she follows that sentence with "That's gross!" EVERY time.

This afternoon she was upset because Rhett went outside to play with our neighbor, but I told her she had to stay inside with me and Crosby. I tried to distract her by asking her if she wanted to help me make Daddy a sandwich. She stopped crying instantly and said in a cheerful voice, "I'd be happy to!"

She really likes to build with blocks. Rhett got these neat wooden blocks for Christmas one year, but he honestly hasn't played with them very much at all. She likes to build castles with them. She always wants to build one and wants me to build a separate one. She especially likes the blocks that form a circle in the middle:
I love you, Lex!

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

Oh, Jamie, that (once again) was just the sweetest post!! I could just hear your Mom saying, "I'd be happy to." Alexee is just precious... and my guess is, there's never a dull moment with her!

We've Got Scents said...

Sweet little girl that I know you enjoy and love so much. Very sweet post, thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Awww, this is just so sweet! I wish time would stand still :o) These days with our little ones is just precious.

Leigh Ann said...

Precious girl! I love it...Cindegorilla! So cute!