Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Flippin trip

Rhett had a four day weekend from school, so after the Upward game on Saturday the kids and I went to Flippin to visit my parents. That afternoon we drove down to the river to look for patches of snow (leftover from last week) for the kids to see, but it was almost all gone. This is the neat little dirt road between their house and the river. It's such a pretty place, but when I look at this picture I realize how bare and cold everything looks in January and how ready I am for SPRING!
Dad was out of town for work on Saturday, but was scheduled to land at Flippin's small airport at 5:55 p.m. so I took R & A to watch the plane land. We parked right at the fence and rolled down the windows to listen for the plane. This was Rhett's first time in an airplane--he thought it was really cool! Alexee was a little scared--she would only go to the top of the steps.
We hurried back home because Mom had a delicious dinner waiting on us. My Grandparents came over to eat with us. My Grandmother loves her great-grandchildren (she has 16!). And the kids love their great-grandparents, too. I thought this was so sweet of Crosby kissing "Mo Nina"--look how he put his little hands on her cheeks.
After church on Sunday, it was warm enough to play outside. Alexee wanted to ride the pony. The wind was still cold, so I sat in the truck with Crosby most of the time, but he even had fun doing that (he is such a happy baby!). I like this picture because it shows the one little curl on the top of his head.
Taking turns riding Banner
Mom said that as they were going down the road during Alexee's turn she said, "I love this." And when her turn was over she said, "I want to ride just a feeeew more longers." She has combined "few more minutes" and "a little longer" into her own cute phrase that she uses often. :)
Crosby's first "ride"!
They also took turns driving the farm buggy. Alexee thought it was so fun to bump into the hay bale with the buggy. She laughed and laughed!
Rhett's turn!
Sunday night before bath time, Mo and Alexee were cozy in the chair watching a cartoon.
Granddad & Rhett sharing popcorn.

1 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

Ahhhh...can I come to Flippin?? haha...it seems like such relaxing, naturey, wonderful place for your children to go. I love those outdoors experiences that kids don't really get enough of these days. Boog & I have often thought about just opening up an "outdoors school" for kids. Instead of TAKS, teach them the REAL world! Great weekend!