Sunday, January 10, 2010

Saturday & Sunday

Yesterday the kids wanted me to pull them through the house on a blanket.  I remember Dad pulling us through our kitchen and dining room like this when we were kids--it was so fun then, and R, A & C enjoyed it yesterday!  We have tile floors throughout most of the downstairs, so it worked great!  It was a good arm workout too--Rhett & Crosby together weigh about 70-75 pounds!  It seemed like something Jillian would make the contestants do on Biggest Loser.

Rhett & Alexee enjoying their Sunday donuts at church this morning and Crosby bundled up after church (this little hat was Rhett's when he was a baby.  I liked seeing Crosby in it, too!)
We had a great sermon again today, the second in the Psalm 23 series.  I loved the illustration our pastor closed with.  He'd been preaching on the verses "He makes me lie down in green pastures" and "He restores my soul".  He ended by talking about going to Vacation Bible School as a kid.  He said there are four elements to every VBS:  Bible story/teaching/songs, crafts, play time--dodgeball, etc., and of course, REFRESHMENTS.  (So true--if you went to VBS as a kid, you remember all those!) :)  He said that it was very obvious which kids had already been to the refreshment station because they always had the VBS Kool-aid mustache!  He called it the "Mark of Refreshment" and said he hoped we could all live with the mark of refreshment that can only come from following the Lord.  A great message to hear and take into a new week!

5 comments:

In His Army said...

I loved when Dad did that! The pictures of them at church were SO sweet :) Miss those babies :) ...and I like the "Mark of Refreshment"...so neat!

Jacquie said...

Cute post. The blanket idea looks so fun!! And C's hand-me-down hat is ADORABLE.

PS - I agree with your Jillian statement. She'll use anything.

His Doorkeeper said...

Your kids always look so full of joy! It's a pleasure to always see your pictures of them growing up!

Love the Mark of Refreshment illustration! Isn't funny how you always remember a good illustration!

Crosby is precious in that hat!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Mark of Refreshment...how neat. Love that.

I will have to pull out a blanket tomorrow...that looks like fun! The picture of Alexee and Rhett at church is precious!

kanishk said...

The blanket idea looks so fun!! And C's hand-me-down hat is ADORABLE.

Work from home India