Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year



Happy New Year!

We had a quiet New Year's Day at home.  Rhett had a friend over to play for a few hours and I cooked lunch:  a chicken casserole, blackeye peas and rolls.  We were determined to have everyone in the house eat at least one pea for good luck in 2010.  Lane and I both like blackeye peas, so that was easy.  Crosby and R's friend ate them willingly, too.  I hid one in Alexee's Trix yogurt, but Rhett spit his back out on the plate.  So that night Lane hid a couple peas in R's Sonic grilled-cheese sandwich, and he never knew it!  Our sweet neighbor brought us homemade eggrolls, so we also had cabbage for good luck.

My 2010 resolutions/goals aren't huge, but here they are:

1)  The shoe represents two goals:  --Exercise at least 3x a week (I've exercised pretty much 0 times since C was born in March, so even 3 times a week would be an improvement) --and do 100 sit-ups/crunches every night this year.  It's not exactly a Biggest Loser style workout plan, but it's a start.
2)  Water bottle--simply drink more water.  I used to drink a lot more than I do now, but I've gotten in the habit of ordering tea or diet coke when we eat out, and I don't really drink anything at home.
3)  Floss daily.  It's another very small thing, but again I got out of the daily habit after C was born.  (Crosby is THE sweetest, easiest JOY of a baby, but when it comes to managing things around here/in my life, 3 kids has honestly seemed like so much more than 2 kids to me.  2009 was a busy blur of a year.  I didn't do a very good job of managing much of anything beyond keeping the laundry and dishes done, kids bathed, fed and dropped off/picked up at school.  I am going to try to do better this year.  I have a LOT of room for improvement.)
4)  Most importantly:  Do a daily devotion using the journal/reading guide that our church has provided.  It covers the New Testament, Proverbs and Ecclesiastes.  I started out strong last year...but somewhere along the way (yes, late March I think) I quit reading on a daily basis and sadly didn't have a consistent quiet time the remainder of the year.  As a result I felt spiritually drained for the majority of 2009 and I do not want that for the coming year.  I want to know the Lord better and live for Him in everything I do.

And two additional things that are not actually daily activities, but things I'd like to accomplish by the end of the year:
--Organize our office/filing system  (it's a mess!)
--Catch up on the kids' scrapbooks/photo books (I'm going to finish A's year 1 book that I've started, then I'm doing Shutterfly photo books after that.  I've lost interest in all the stickers and cute papers and cardstock and pens, etc. etc.  It's too overwhelming to be enjoyable at this point in life, so if I can just get my digital photos organized and put together books for all three kids, that will be great!)

5 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

I have almost identical New Year's Resolutions! In fact, there's a gif of a water bottle that I've stored on my computer for my next blog on my resolution to drink more water throughout the day! : ) I think you are doing a wonderful job as a mommy,woman, etc. Even though I don't see your everyday comings and goings, your heart is evident in all you do (and post!) and I think kids see that wayyy more than they see laundry bins empty and dishes put up! 2010 is going to be a good one!

We've Got Scents said...

Praying you and yours have a wonderfully blessed 2010.
Happy New Year to all of you!
Blessings always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

Jacquie said...

Great post, Jamie!! I LOVE LOVE how y'all hid those peas in R's and A's food! That is too funny!

Good for you on setting your goals for the year. Can I just say that you don't need to do abs every day... and certainly not 100 crunches! If you do them everyday, change it up. Hint - do some stomach vacuums... they are wonderful for your lower abs.

You are an amazing mom... life should get a little easier when they all get a little older, but I wouldn't wish away any time you have with them.

And, maybe you could get Rhett to help you with your home office???

Thanks for you sweet comment yesterday. It did my heart GOOD! It would be so fun to go spend a day with you and your kiddos! I may take you up on that sometime.

on the eastern journey said...

Hey! I smiled when I saw your scrapbooking goal because I have a CLOSET full of projects that I MUST finish. Sigh.

I did some crunches today as well!

kanishk said...

Praying you and yours have a wonderfully blessed 2010

Work from home India