Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Painting projects

I liked this letter idea from Paula Deen's magazine.  She attached hers to the laundry basket which looked cute, but the letters I bought were too big for that.  I painted them to coordinate with the curtain that I made a year or so ago.  They make the laundry room seem a little more cheerful and fun to me (I spend a lot of time in there, so that's a good thing!).



Today Crosby has seemed a little fussy and tired.  He had a difficult time going to sleep last night, and he woke up at 3 a.m. this morning.  I gave him a bottle, and he went back to sleep, but I'm afraid his ear infection has not cleared up.  I had no idea he even had ear trouble when I took him in for his 9 month check up right after Christmas.  I was surprised when Dr. B told me his ear was infected.  We go back to the doctor tomorrow for the re-check, and I'm expecting to have to start another round of antibiotics.  Sweet little guy--I can't stand to think about him hurting.

Crosby and I took Bogart to the vet to get his stitches out today.  The vet said he looked good.  Hopefully no more surgeries!  We dropped B off at the house then met my sister for a quick lunch at Heavenly Ham which was fun!  Before time to pick R & A up at school, we made a very fast trip to the pottery place to paint Alexee's birthday plate.  Rhett will want to help with his plate, so I plan to take him back on another trip.  Alexee wants a puppy dog party this year, so I painted a poodle plate to go along with the invitations I'm using.  She says that pink and purple are her favorite colors, so the poodle is pink with a purple necklace, and the rim of the plate is done in purple puppy paw prints.  I hope she likes it.  I had to paint as fast as I could because Crosby was really wanting to move along.  Here's the plate before the firing process:


Tonight we had a church meeting at our friends Jim & Connie's house.  Connie made several delicious desserts for the group, including bread pudding, chocolate pound cake and vanilla pound cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries and and apple crisp with ice cream.  This is the only picture I took, but it was a fun evening.

6 comments:

Candy said...

I LOVE the letters, so cute!!! I think the first time I read your blog, was when you were making that curtain! I remember that your before pic looked just like the window in my laundry room, and still does! Hope little Crosby feels better soon!

The Keltons said...

Such a cute laundry room! Hope Crosby's ear infection gets better. Lucy Kate and Duncan both have ear infections, frequently. In fact, D is on antibiotics for one now.

Heather said...

C-U-T-E....love it all my talented friend!! How did this afternoon at the ped go?

Jacquie said...

Hope Crosby is feeling better. That plate is the cutest!!

on the eastern journey said...

I love the plate that you made. Can't wait for Alexee's doggie party! So fun!
P.S. Your laundry room is awesome. I'm so inspired to come over and do a few loads. OK?

We've Got Scents said...

You are so talented! Thanks so much for sharing.
Hope little Crosby is much better.
Blessings always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22