Thursday, May 7, 2009

Art Show

This morning was the Mothers' Day Art Show at the kids' MDO program.  We finally got everyone ready and went to stroll through the halls of the school and look at their work.  


Racing to the door:

Rhett beside one of his pieces, a rainbow fish:Tried to snap one of us together by his flower garden piece:
I thought this one was funny...Alexee's Cookie Monster:
Alexee's pointing to one of her other masterpieces.  Rhett took the photo.
This was the gift that R made for me in his class.  The little wooden box has his fingerprints on the top--they're made into flowers.  Inside was a bead bracelet that he made.  So sweet!  I put it on as soon as we got to the car.  :)  I liked his answers on the Mom info sheet.  Last year he said that my favorite restaurant was Pizza Hut.  I guess I've developed more of a love for McAlister's this year.

Our neighbor invited R over to play this afternoon.  He wanted to wait on the front steps for Will and Mrs. Lisa to walk over to get him.  Alexee waited with him--she didn't realize that she had to stay home for nap time.  
I noticed this little guy on the deck this afternoon and wanted to take a picture of him to show Rhett since he's not home right now. 
I'm helping with a baby shower on Saturday, and I'm responsible for bringing tea of some sort. I think I will make a gallon of this from Paula Deen's latest magazine:
And a gallon of this that my friend Cameron served at Pokeno on Tuesday night--it was delicious!

3 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

I love the pic of the two of them on your front step. HOw precious is that?

Jacquie said...

I'm not just saying this, but their art work is GOOD!! So cute. (I can see The Cookie Monster in all that blue, too!)

I love the shot of the kids waiting for the neighbors, too!

On the Eastern Journey said...

Of course that's Cookie Monster!