Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just little things

...Nothing huge to report on here this week, although it has seemed busy. Bogart discovered a turtle trying to crawl under the fence on Sunday, so Rhett and I looked at it for a while.And we checked on R's morning glory plants...they're coming up nicely at the edge of the deck.
Rhett drew this picture of us holding hands one night this week.
And he wrote his ABCs with just a tiny bit of help from Lane on the J, M, W and Z. Hopefully he's ready for kindergarten! Preschool ended yesterday, so we took gifts and cookies to the teachers and the ladies in the front office. I forgot to take pictures of the teacher gifts, but we found cute, colorful red & blue ice buckets at Hobby Lobby, stuffed them with red tissue paper and filled them with Snickerdoodles. Then we tied them with red, white and blue ribbon and added a thank-you note/tag on star scrapbook paper. I thought they would be a practical gift for them to use this summer.
And one of the highlights of my week: Alexee wore pig-tails for the first time! This was her before school on Monday in a seashell outfit from Gymboree and matching curly-ribbons in her hair. Of course she'd taken the pig-tails down by the time I came back to pick her up, but it was fun for a while! Lane said, "That's about the cutest thing I've ever seen." :)

I went by one of our local children's clothing stores on Monday and couldn't resist these two outfits for Crosby. The one on the right is made by a company called Heavenly Wear, and it says, "marked as Christ's own forever". I thought it was so sweet.
Lane and I (and Crosby) met for lunch yesterday, then L's parents came through town yesterday afternoon. They kept A & C for me while I took R to his swim lesson. Wow, it seemed effortless to just take R to the lesson instead of trying to get the whole crew there! Since Crosby wasn't hanging out with me during the lesson, I walked a mile on the track while R was swimming. L's parents stayed for a while and Lane grilled burgers for dinner. After they left, we watched the American Idol finale, and we were so happy with the results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Sharmin said...

Oh, wow, if those pigtails were red I'd swear Alexee was you! What a cutie.

The Milams said...

Rhett will do great in Kindergarten. I'm already thinking about him tutoring z. On second thought, never mind...I remember how strict his classroom was!

I'll agree with Lane, the pigtails rank way up there in cuteness!

The whale outfit is my absolute fav! Definitely makes me want to have someone to wear it as a hand-me-down!:)

So wishing I could be there tomorrow.:(

Jacquie said...

Love what Lane said about the pigtails.