Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bird update and artwork

After giving the new bluebird family what we hoped was adequate time to build a nest, we took a peek inside. He got a screwdriver from the garage and I held the chair for him to stand on:And here's what we found! Dad says bluebirds almost always lay five eggs, so we're going to check back in a few days.
Rhett drew this picture on the dry-erase board. He said it was the two of us holding hands. :) I love the belly-buttons!
Close-up:
Then he decided to practice the alphabet. I plan to tell him to "make your papers neat" each day of school, just like my parents did (along with "do good in math!")!

3 comments:

Heather said...

The teacher in me loves to see R doing his ABC's. Great artwork too!!

On the Eastern Journey said...

I love that you already know what you're going to say "make your papers neat" and "do good in math". Those would work for China too!

Jacquie said...

How exciting for Rhett... and those belly-buttons are too cute!!

It would make my day for my kids to say they were going to say or do something because that's what I did when they were young!!! LOVE THAT!