Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankfully no one was hurt

On Tuesday I made a lemon bundt cake because my Grandparents were coming by. Nothing fancy, but just something sweet to offer to our company. Fast forward to today. I was in the bedroom holding Crosby, trying to get him to fall asleep in my arms, and talking to Mary Katherine on the phone. Bogart was barking like crazy at the guys in the yard delivering mulch. Then I heard an even bigger noise...glass breaking. My first thought was that Bogart had knocked something over because of his anxiety about the people outside. But when I looked around the corner, there was Alexee in the kitchen, surrounded by a shattered cake stand lid. She was trying to help herself to a piece of "take" as she called it. I obviously ended my phone conversation (sorry, MK) and started sweeping. It had shattered into a million pieces. I'm sure we'll discover little pieces of glass for days to come.

The stool she'd moved from the bathroom:
The half-eaten cake, missing its lid:
A portion of the glass-covered floor and the sad cake lid:
As my post title says, thankfully no one was hurt!!

3 comments:

On the Eastern Journey said...

I can totally see Schäfer going to get a stool from another room and moving it to the kitchen with one thing in mind: cake! It's so hard to keep our eyes on our 2-year-olds every single second.

Sharmin said...

Oh, no! I'm glad she stayed put. You don't come between that girl and her cake.

Jacquie said...

Bless A's heart... she was wantin' some cake!! I know how that feels...