I guess I've been a lazy blogger this week! It's actually been a fairly quiet few days, but here are a few highlights:
On Wednesday morning, I went to the hospital to visit a family member. Although I wish it had been under different circumstances, it was good to see my cousins Tracie & Carrie. This was the first time Carrie (on right) had met Crosby! Everyone took a turn holding him, and thankfully he was good right up until time for us to leave.
On Thursday, we went to Hot Springs for the day to visit L's family. His parents kept Crosby while we took R & A to Mid-America Museum again (making good use of our season pass). Here they are under the arch that we built out of blocks. It was a fun project--I didn't think it was going to work, but it did!
Lane's parents grilled burgers for us for lunch, and Lane and his Dad took the kids on a short boat ride.
This was in the playroom today. Crosby is smiling a lot now, and even laughing out loud some, too. He chuckles when we make strange sounds, like clicking noises, etc. I LOVE THIS SWEET FACE! He is such a joy!
Doesn't he look so big here?! I think he just gets cuter by the minute. :)
For something to do, I asked Rhett if he wanted to try to write a sentence all by himself. First we practiced a few words out loud--THE, AND, GO, MY, CAT, TO, FROM, DOG, STOP, ME...He can spell all of these. So then I gave him the sentence "The cat sat." and he was able to write it out. This was the second sentence he did, "The dog ran." It's so neat to see him learn. I think Kindergarten is going to be good for him.
We had a quiet 4th of July yesterday. It was overcast and cooler than most 4ths in Arkansas. We played in the back yard while Crosby napped. R & A enjoyed several sticky fruit-pops and splashed in the kiddie pool and ran through the sprinkler.

The kids found this and brought it up to me. I'm not a big fan of these--they remind me too much of snakes! We even got to witness his tail popping off, which Rhett thought was really funny.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


5 comments:
Rhett is sooooooooooooo smart! His teacher will love him!
I'm glad ya'll had a good 4th.
I was sorry to hear about D but I hope he is doing okay - glad you got to see Tracie and Carrie. I would love to see them.
Those salamander always kind of gave me the creeps too...remember how they were always on the porch at the old house?? I love Lex's little curls in that one pic! So sweet. That's great that Rhett is writing sentences! He's so sharp! Miss you guys, it was a busy weekend, but maybe we'll catch up on the phone tomorrow?!
Good to see T and C together holding Crosby! He is getting so big! Love his smile. Rhett will be teaching kindergarten before long!!!
Looks like you had a relaxing holiday!
K and H are coming tomorrow to spend a few days with me...can hardly wait!!
I haven't seen Carrie in SO long. She looks SO much like Janice now.
Alexee's curls are too cute. And Rhett is doing so well to spell so well before he even starts Kindergarten.
I've always heard the 3rd child is so laid back. So far, Crosby is fitting that bill. And R and A are the perfect mold for 1st and 2nd children. I love to see how birth order affects personalities.
Rhett is so smart! I can't believe he can write a sentence before he starts kindergarten. You should contact Harvard & reserve his spot.
Post a Comment