Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hobbies

I've finally started painting a little bit again--I've missed it! I can rarely paint during the day, so it's mostly a night time project. It takes a while to finish anything, but it's something I really enjoy. This was my first piece to paint since C's birth.
And these were the next three that I did for a friend in Texas who is expecting her first baby soon.
And another recent project--burp cloths. I recruited Rhett one afternoon while the other two kids were napping. He helped me use the fabric glue to make ribbon loops to sew onto the cloths.
My sewing machine will do embroidery...but unfortunately I don't know how to use that feature, and I've yet to make/take the time to figure it out. It involves a memory chip and some software that I'm sure we have around here somewhere, but I honestly couldn't find it right now. :( If I'm going to make very many of these, I should really try to figure out how to do my own monograms. (I'm making a note now to add that to my official to-do list.) I made two "e" cloths for baby girl gifts, a "James" for another friend, and of course I wanted to make Crosby one, too. I haven't washed C's yet...I hope all the ribbon doesn't fall off when I do!?

5 comments:

Pigtails & Pearls said...

I love those monograms! My sewing machine does that too, but I have no clue where the software is. When I make Chloe a BIG GIRL room, I may ask you to paint something for me! You are awesome!

Kelly said...

I do NOT know how you do all that you do!!!! I can barely keep the dishes and laundry done with one baby......much less do anything extra. You are SUPER mom!
Those paintings and burp cloths and precious!

on the eastern journey said...

I can't believe that you have time to sew and paint with three kids! I'm still trying to clean our office. ha!

Jacquie said...

Glad you go to get back to something you LOVE to do for you!! (although I don't know where you get the time or energy.)

You are SO talented.

Candy said...

very cute!!! you are so talented. i have no idea where you find the time to do these creative projects!