Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Four months old!

This SWEET baby boy turned 4 months old last Sunday, the 26th. He is doing great, and he is (thankfully) sticking with his plan to be the most easy-going baby ever. He cries when he's hungry or sleepy, and that's about the only time. He smiles when people talk to him, and he's content watching Rhett and Alexee play, fight, yell, laugh, jump off furniture, etc. He's not quite rolling over, but he's really close--he gets on his side and stays for a while, sometimes even falls asleep that way. He's still not on a regular nap schedule, but I think we're approaching that stage. He's awake a lot more these days. He sat in the exersaucer for the first time today. He didn't really know what to do with his arms, but he was happy there for a little while.

This was after church on Sunday:
On Monday morning I took him in for his 4 month check-up. He weighs 15 lb. 1 oz. and measures 24.5" long. He had to get two shots. His doctor said he's doing great. I'm always thankful for a healthy report!

And guess what: HE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME that night (4 months, 1 day old). He went from 11pm to 6:45am between feedings! I woke up at 4:41 a.m. in a panic when I realized what time it was. He has the angel care motion-sensor in his crib, so that's a nice feeling to have that monitoring him, but I was still scared. So for some reason I decided to wake Lane up to ask him if he thought I should go check on Crosby even though I knew that would probably wake C up. Lane said he was fine and to let him sleep. L loved that I included him in that early morning decision-making process--ha! :) I tried not to get too excited because I thought it might have been the shots making him sleep more. Sure enough, he didn't sleep through last night. He actually woke up an extra time!?? So who knows, but it's encouraging to know he CAN do it.

My nerves after the visit to the doctor's office were pretty frazzled. We had to wait a little while (I think it was only 30 minutes, but it seemed like a week). We played Simon Says. They rolled around in the doctor's chair. They turned the light switch on and off and on and off, and they finally decided to hide and yell "SURPRISE!" when Dr. B came into the room.

Here they are while they were still getting along:
(Once our doctor came in, they decided to fight over who got to sit in the extra chair. Alexee was screaming her most high-pitched scream and Rhett was actually crying because he wanted to sit there. I was trying to listen to the doctor and ask a few questions, but that wasn't working. I resisted the urge to throw the extra chair through the window...I was pretty sure I'd get kicked out of the clinic for that. ha ha)
Rhett's hiding place for yelling "surprise":
Alexee's germ-free hiding place.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm laughing at your doctor experience. I think being a mom is about the most humbling experience there is. I'm constantly sweaty and frazzled and pretty much nothing embarrasses me anymore. ha!
Crosby is just precious. I can't believe he is already 4 months old! I always think of him as so much younger than Harper but really they are SO close in age!(and almost the same size! Harper is only 15 lbs 12 oz)

His Doorkeeper said...

I can see the headlines in the AR Gazette, "Crazed Mother Throws Chair Through Window ".......har har

There's not a mother alive who doesn't know exactly how you felt at that point!! Love the picture of Alexee in the floor under the tale! She will love this when she's grown!

Crosby is so sweet! I would love to hold him!!

on the eastern journey said...

Oh how much I wished you would have thrown the chair out the window. Just imagine all the great photos you could have captured! ha ha.

Crosby is so, so sweet. I wish I could hold him. Hope he is sleeping through the night sooner than later. It took Schäfer 13 months to sleep through the night consistently. I never knew motherhood mean sleep deprivation for a year!

Pigtails & Pearls said...

That is the funniest post! I just have one child and my nerves get frazzled! More power to you for taking 3!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart with the pedi visit. I have been there many times with my two!

Flo and Grace said...

You? Throw anything? haha...just doesn't seem like you could! That was funny.....the 'Surprise" probably made the doctor's day!

Jacquie said...

You always do such a good job describing situations for us!! Cracks me up.

Crosby is ADORABLE!! I just love all the little Garner personalities!

Karen Cleveland said...

I love your story from the doctor. I had a very similar experience a few weeks ago--the doctor ended-up having a talk with my kids about their behavior. NOT that it really helped but she was very sweet! I love your art. Do you sell your pieces? I am needing to add a little something to Lucy's bathroom (I'm thinking a pink and green turtle picture)--how much do you charge?
Crosby is so cute...hard to believe he is already 4 months old.