
Parent-Teacher folder**
Fiskars brand scissors – child size*
1 box Classic Crayon washable markers-no thin
2 boxes - 24 ct. Crayola crayons*
8 oz Elmer’s white school glue*
8 glue sticks*
1 package #2 pencils* (basic yellow)
1 large package baby or wet wipes
2 boxes facial tissues
1 bottle liquid hand soap
1 pkg. reward stickers
$10 for the Weekly News Magazine / Writing Journal
2 pink rectangular block erasers
Boys:
1 box quart sized Ziploc freezer bags
1 box gallon Ziploc freezer bags
Girls:
1 package paper plates
Colored craft or gift tissue paper
The reality of this new phase is starting to hit me, I guess. I know our days will feel a lot different this fall. We have to get used to a whole new routine (I wonder if we'll EVER get to school on time!?). I've been so blessed to have the opportunity to stay home with Rhett for the last five years. I'm thankful that I've been the one there with him every day to see him grow and learn. But now I'm about to have to share him :( and I find myself wondering if I've made the very most of those sweet five years. Have I done the best that I could to provide a firm foundation for him as he takes this first little step into the "real world"?
My hometown pastor shared this great devotional a few days ago, and it was perfect timing for me. It really reminded me of the magnitude of my responsibility as a parent. As overwhelming as raising children can be, I find encouragement in the end of his fifth paragraph that reads: "Jesus is the friend of little children and in our efforts to reach their hearts, we have a willing and wondrous ally in the Holy Spirit."


9 comments:
Jamie, I can't think of another young mother who has given her all to prepare her son for the new world of school! You have done a great job and Rhett will love school.....I guarantee it!!
Yammie - you are such a great Mom! Rhett has loved every second that he's had these past 5 years. My goodness. He's not even in kindergarten and he can already write a full sentence. Awesome! He's gonna love school!
I know it will be so hard to let him go, but not for him! He will love it! How could he not be prepared with parents like you and Lane? I must admit, I can't imagine how you are feeling though. Ramsey is not going to kindergarten this year. We are waiting until next year. By the way, I love him backpack and lunch box.
Gretchan
I remember all those feelings... but I also remember how much Kale loved school and learning and the joy that brought ME! (Rhett is SO smart, and most definitely ready for school.)
You will still be the biggest part of his life... thankfully, that doesn't change for several more years! Ha!
I know, it is really starting to hit me too. Rhett will be a great student though and I think he is ready! It's going to be tough to get on that school routine huh! Today I read J their activity list of what they do each day at what times. She sighed real big adn said, "I sure wish it was just a short time like preschool." ha!
Grace can't wait for kindergarten because they "don't take naps". : ) I'm sure you'll love this next phase of motherhood. Kindergarten is just the start of some really interesting times! I'm the same way, I just wish I had been able to have as much time with Grace as you've had with Rhett. (the plight of a working mother!)
BTW. Brother Boog was me - Flo -...didn't know I was signed in under his acct.!
They grow up too fast. Logan is excited because he gets to go to "big" school with Austin & me. It make our morning routine lots easier with all 3 of us at the same school.
I wonder if Rhett will be like you were after your first week of Kindergarten. I remember that you were very upset and when your dad asked you why you told him, "I've been in school a whole week and I haven't learned to read yet." Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Jamie - you are the best mom I know. I'm pretty sure these last 5 years have been amazing for Rhett.
He is so smart - he will do so well in school. I think he will LOVE it! I can only imagine how hard it will be to send him. I dread it and it's 5 years away! :-)
Post a Comment