When Lane made the decision to go back to school (fall '04 to finish undergrad hours needed), it seemed like it was going to be such a long long journey. Rhett was about six months old when Lane started his classes that fall, and now R's starting Kindergarten and Lane is starting his third year hospital rotations already. I remember us saying that Rhett would be seven when L graduates, and that seemed so old. Now it seems like it's just right around the corner! I took his picture with R & A on the front porch on the first day of class in '07 and '08, and of course C has been added this year! Here they are yesterday on the first day of Lane's third year (he started with orientation for the pediatrics rotation yesterday). I'm excited for him--I think this is going to be an interesting year!
Yesterday morning I had an appointment to have C's 3 month portraits made. We've done 3 month and 2 year portraits for each child with the same photographer. I wanted R & A to be in a few of the pictures so we'd have some of all three children, but I knew that there was no way I could handle all three of them in the studio (without someone breaking something or someone escaping out the front door), get good pictures and avoid a nervous breakdown all at the same time. So I asked one of our sweet babysitters to meet me there to help with getting them dressed, entertain them until time for the group photo, distribute snacks (WHITE marshmallows and WHITE grape juice), etc. Andrea was a huge help, and I was so thankful she was there. It made things much easier. Crosby did fine--he got a little fussy toward the end, but I think Jim surely captured some of his sweet smiles. I can't wait to see the photos!
I had everything ironed nice and crisp before we went. These pictures were made afterward. I love that wrinkles and drool spots can now be removed by Photo Shop, so no worries there! Crosby wore this little blue outfit:
Alexee wore a simple white sundress and Rhett wore a white Polo-style shirt. The kids packed their own bag of toys to take to the studio. It contained about 10 stuffed dogs for Alexee, a toy cash register and "Life's Little Instruction Book" for Rhett (I thought it was funny that he chose that of all things--I don't even know where he found it.) Here's Alexee unpacking her "doggies" when we got home.
The photo session wore Crosby out. He fell asleep as soon as we got in the car and slept in the carrier for a while after we got home.
Escape to the Country With Me
8 months ago


8 comments:
GIRL! You are super wife/mom. : )I'm doing good to just snap a photo here and there, and you're doing full on portraits! Love it, and I'm sure they're going to be precious!
Lane looks so "official" now. And I do believe Rhett is more proud in that photo than Lane is! Ha!
Can't wait to see the portraits.
Go Lane! Year 3 already? This is all flying by too fast! You were so WISE to call for a sitter for help. I can't wait to see the photos!
Yam - I wrote the comment above & accidentally forgot to type in my name/url. So sorry!
You go girl! I know the pics will turn out great. My goal each time is to hope for one really good picture and that is alright with me! I keep my expectations low as to not be disappointed!
Can it really be year 3 for Lane? Wow. I know you are so proud...
:)
Mel
The kids are precious. Cannot wait to see the pictures as I know they'll be great!
Congratulations to Lane.
Blessings always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22
i love that you chronicle Lane's school by pictures of him and the three little Garners! Priceless in years to come. i can see these framed and sitting in Lane's medical office someday SOON!!
I always love to look at my doctor's kids' pictures while I am waiting for him to see me!!
I bet the pictures will be adorable! You were so smart to have help. I sweat and get nervous just trying to get pics of Harper ....I can't imagine trying to pose 3. ha!
Lane looks so official! He looks like a real doctor - and he makes a great one! I think he would be a great pediatrician. And if we lived in LR - we would come to him! I'm glad it's passing fast!
Post a Comment