Monday, July 13, 2009

Sunday

We've gotten in the habit of trying to get to church a few minutes early so the kids can have a donut and juice at the cafe before going to their classrooms. They like this treat, and it helps me because 1) I don't have to do breakfast at home before we leave and 2) They're more likely to cooperate when it comes time to get dressed for church once we mention that donuts are a possibility. Here's Lane helping them with their breakfast: After church R & A wanted to take turns holding Crosby. Alexee has improved her holding technique and is actually pretty good at keeping him steady.

Three sweeties!

I think this is a sweet picture of them smiling at each other.
It's too hot to want to go outside in the middle of the afternoon, so we played in the floor for a long time yesterday. I think Alexee likes blocks more than Rhett did at her age. Sometimes I'll find her in the playroom alone stacking blocks. Maybe she's going to be an architect? She also likes to try to draw more than Rhett did at age 2 (R has taken an interest in drawing lately).
You can usually find these scattered throughout the house. And they HURT if you step on them.
Please excuse my tacky green PJ pants, but isn't C cute in this baby blue Polo? I like for all the kids to wear blue because it makes their blue eyes really sparkle!
The extent of my exercise for the day: leg lifts with Crosby as the weight.
Rhett did activities in the $1 Dinosaur activity book I recently got him at Target.
And Bogart is never far away. He loves his family and follows us from room to room. He's a great family dog--he's so protective of the kids.
These are two of Alexee's favorite books right now. Lane usually reads to her at night while I'm feeding Crosby. We love to hear her sing "Snuggle Puppy of Mine". She really gets into it, and it's so cute! I've tried to get it on video, but she usually stops singing when she sees that I have the camera.
I can't believe how many blooms are on our crape myrtle tree in the back yard! It's a beautiful hot pink color.

4 comments:

Candy said...

Your kids are all adorable! Alexee looks so big now that the baby is here! :)

Jacquie said...

Cute photos! Alexee's legs look SOOOO long next to Crosby's!! Crosby looks JUST LIKE YOU in that third photo.

I wish we had a "Cafe" at our church. Some day. Yours looks so nice.

In His Army said...

Sweet pictures of all the kiddos! I miss them!

on the eastern journey said...

Your crape myrtles are beautiful!