This morning I took the kids to the playground at R's soon-to-be school. I would have never thought to go there to play, but at Kindergarten registration the principal recommended taking our future students there this summer so they could get used to the school campus and feel more at ease when school starts in August. I thought that was a wise idea! The playground has lots of trees, so it was a shady place to play on a hot, humid day. I think Alexee is going to be a little bummed when she realizes she's not going to be in R's kindergarten class! They played well together today, which is always refreshing (some days they fight, other days they act like they love to be together).
Crosby took a short nap while we were there, then enjoyed looking around and getting some fresh air the remainder of the time we played. He is such an easy, SWEET baby--oh how I love this little boy! I always hoped to have three children, and as soon as I found out I was pregnant with the third, I just knew in my heart it was another boy. What a blessing he is (they all three are!).
Here they were resting at the top of the slide. Their little faces get so red when it's hot. I packed juice boxes, but of course they found those and emptied them on the way TO the playground, so we had nothing to drink while we were there. Luckily Sonic wasn't far away for a quick stop on the way home.
They had fun collecting walnuts, rolling them down the slide, and playing walnut bowling. When it was time to leave, they left them in a little pile on one of the tables for the squirrels. :)




7 comments:
Looks like a really nice playground - that was a good idea to play there some before school so Rhett will feel at home!
Sonic can always save the day!!!
That is a great idea about letting them get used to the school playground. My playgrounds were never that nice! Can you believe you almost have a kindergartener?
Awesome Playground! Love those kiddos SOOO much!
I used to tell Jodi all the time how much easier ONE is than TWO. I can only imagine how THREE must be!! You're a great mom!!
Great idea for him to be familiar with his surroundings before school starts. Cannot believe how all 3 of them are growing!
Blessings today and always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22
How fun and I think that is such a great idea!! It looks like they both had a blast playing!
I love the playground idea before starting school! That is a great idea! You just described my day with taking care of 3, tiring but such a blessing. When I do have a moment to myself though, I'm so selfish with my time (like now, blogging) and I have a million things I need to do!
Post a Comment