Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cousin Katie's Visit

We had a treat this week: my niece, Katie, came to spend time with us on Monday and Tuesday. My sister-in-law was in town for a workshop with a group of her journalism students, so Katie came along and visited us! She will be eleven in September, but she seems so grown up. She's super smart and sweet and polite and such a joy to be around. She was also a tremendous help with the kids while she was here--she played games with them, helped me get everyone to swim lessons, played in the sprinkler with Alexee, strapped Alexee in her car seat after lunch on Tuesday, held Crosby while I went to get Alexee from her nap, etc. etc. It was SO nice having another set of hands--maybe she'd move in with us until school starts!?!


Katie playing with Crosby:
I tried to get one of all four of them, but Rhett and Alexee were not paying attention:
I cannot believe how fast the years have gone by, but Katie was about Alexee's age when she was the flower girl in our wedding in 2001:

3 comments:

The Jennings said...

I bet your niece was a huge help this week. Wouldn't it be nice to have a fulltime helper just to help you put them in the car, fix them lunch when you just want to play with them, run an errand for you when taking all three makes you tired to think about!

Gretchan

On the Eastern Journey said...

Weren't you just buying her sheep pajamas? Everyone is growing up too quickly.

Jacquie said...

When Kale was born, my sister (Sharon) just about lived with us. I NEVER went to town without her help. She was awesome (she was in high school at the time).

I attribute a lot of Kale's "smarts" to her. She read to him ALL the time when he was a baby. She got him started with his love for learning.

I love that photo of you and Katie together.