Monday, May 17, 2010

Barking Buddy Dog Biscuits

On Saturday we decided to try making homemade dog biscuits from the GooseBerry Patch kids cookbook that Mom gave us. (Here's the recipe in case you want to try it for your pup!) We didn't have molasses, so I used a mixture of honey and syrup instead.Alexee insisted on trying a bite, even though I told her I didn't think she'd like the garlic taste.
They had fun with the cookie cutters. Bogart had quite an assortment of Christmas tree, angel, moose, dragonfly, heart, teacup, star, butterfly, pumpkin and stocking treats.
Crosby didn't take a long nap that morning, so he got in on the project (well, playing with cookie cutters and drinking milk).
Once the treats were cool, Rhett and Alexee let Bogart try them. I think this one is funny--can you see his eye?
Mmmmm! He liked them!


2 comments:

Jacquie said...

That's funny! I don't guess I would ever think to make my own dog biscuits. What a fun project to do with the kids!

(Ha! My character recognition word is "ferguive". Must be the french or something.)

on the eastern journey said...

For some reason, it just warms my heart to know that dog biscuits can be made from scratch! I love it that Alexee had a taste!