Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day at the lake

We're having a fun Memorial Day Weekend! We spent yesterday with L's family in Hot Springs. Lane and Rhett started swimming early (they spent the night there Friday night), and Alexee joined them as soon as we arrived (we drove there as soon as C woke up from his morning nap). I sat under the umbrella with C, which was fine with me because I didn't have to put on a swimsuit and I didn't risk meeting up with a water snake. L's parents grilled burgers for lunch, and Rose Mary made a delicious frozen Oreo dessert (which I need to get the recipe for because Rhett said it was "the best thing ever"!)

R & A both loved swimming. They jumped off the pier time after time and got a lot of exercise. I thought Lex looked so cute in her braids and ladybug lifejacket.
Crosby's seat in the shade. It was hot, but there was also a nice breeze blowing--perfect weather!
The flowers there were so pretty. Look at this bright hibiscus!
And there are lots of hydrangea bushes there that are always loaded with beautiful blooms.
I like the expression on Lane's face in this one. I think he'd been splashed about 5,000 times!
Rhett, (cousin) Luke & Bobba getting things ready for the trip out on the boat
Luke & Rhett
(Luke just celebrated his 15th b-day last week, which I can't believe! He was about R's age when I first met him at Outback Steakhouse the summer Lane and I started dating.)
Lance & Lane
She was getting so tired by this time.
Rhett rode in the tube by himself for the first time! He did great and wasn't scared at all. (I was, but I have crazy fears like what if the foam in the life jacket is faulty and all of a sudden dissolves when it touches water? But I'm trying to relax.)
He was having so much fun!
Luke
(sister-in-law) Jennifer, and Alexee on our way back to the dock
Rhett wanted to do "just a few more jumps" when we got back to the dock.
So thankful for a wonderful day with family.

5 comments:

Candy said...

It looks like ya'll are having a great time! YAY for Rhett riding the tube by himself, that is impressive! I was thinking the other day about how I grew up going to the lake all the time and my kids have hardly ever even been in a boat much less ridden on a tube! :) That oreo frozen dessert sounds YUMMY! I would love the recipe if you get it. :)

Jacquie said...

I got tickled at your thoughts on the lifejacket. Ha! I think all Mom's have those thoughts!

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

That looks like a fun day! I cannot believe Rhett is riding on the tube all by himself!! Yea! The picture of Alexee climbing out of the water is just precious!

Kayla said...

so fun!! they're SOOO cute!! I swear i could live at the lake!

The Milams said...

faulty foam makes me laugh!

Z would be proud of you for letting Rhett enjoy water sports!