Thursday, May 27, 2010

This & That

Earlier this week we picked Lane up after school and went downtown to eat fish. Rhett usually loves fish, so we thought he'd be excited. He ordered a cheeseburger. :) Crosby didn't feel great that day (we probably shouldn't have gone out to eat), so he didn't want to sit in his high chair AT all. I ate quickly then C and I went for a walk.

I like this picture of Lane and Alexee holding hands on the way to the restaurant.
C standing on a park bench when we went for our stroll.
Kids with rabbit statue near where we parked
Rhett had a friend over to play after school on Tuesday. It was a crazy afternoon because while the boys were asking me to hook up the sprinkler in the back yard, Alexee got sick (stomach virus. Unfortunately 3 year olds don't give you a whole lot of warning when they're going to throw up!). It was hectic there for a few minutes: keep the boys outside, help Alexee in the bathroom, take the covers off the couch cushions and get them to the washing machine, clean up/disinfect the floor, keep Bogart and Crosby out of the mess and all that. Lane called to say he was done at school and on his way home, and I said, "PLEASE hurry!" Alexee had been acting tired all day, and she told me a few times that her stomach hurt, but I didn't realize this was about to happen. I felt so bad for her. She was better by bedtime, but she was tired/grouchy the next day and wasn't her same, energetic self. Thank goodness no one else got sick (at least so far).
Rhett chose this (plastic) coral snake from the treasure chest at school last week. I told him that it was VERY important that he didn't leave this anywhere in the house for me to find unexpectedly because it wouldn't be good for my health (or his--ha ha!). Oh, and that's my mint plant in the background--it's doing great. I used fresh mint last week when I made summer mint tea!
Rhett found a turtle in the back yard one afternoon.
After we picked R up yesterday we went to a cupcake shop that I'd been wanting to visit. Their ads in local magazines always look so good. And they were! Alexee chose this one because of the pretty flower. (But she still didn't feel great so she only ate a few bites of it and I was afraid to save it or eat after her since she'd been sick.)Rhett chose a beach ball cupcake.
And of course my favorite, red velvet, for me (and Crosby--I shared).
This afternoon, R & A played in the sprinkler again. Rhett said, "Lemonade and the sprinkler make a perfect summer day." I agree! :)
While they ran through the water and Crosby took a nap, I worked on cupcake picks for R's teacher's bridal shower (it's next week). We are having it at a park/community center, so I'm really really hoping for good weather! It should be fun!

2 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

Is that a REAL snake? You've got to be kidding me. I would die.....

Jacquie said...

Fun pictures, fun times... well, minus the puking, of course. Ha!!

I love those cupcake picks (oh, and R's take on a perfect summer day. Love that!)!!