It has been a special Mother's Day. Lane got up with C at 5:45 this morning and let me sleep a little longer (thanks, L!), Not too long after that the other two kiddos were up, and R wanted to make me breakfast in bed. They served me a yummy meal of toast (one cinnamon, one with strawberry jelly), bacon and apple slices. When Alexee climbed on my bed she said, "Momma, are you sick?" :) I told her I wasn't and that it was Mother's Day and I felt so special. The very next thing she said: "When is it Daddy's Day?" Guess it's no secret that she's a Daddy's Girl. :) Thanks for breakfast, guys and gal--what a treat!
Lane took our picture before church...so thankful for these sweet children. I love being their Mom! I hope they know every minute of every day that they are loved and that they bring me such JOY.
Then Lane took a picture of me with each sweet child individually.
Rhett...
Our church had a baby dedication ceremony this morning, and it reminded me of my first Mother's Day in 2004 when we had R's dedication--he was less than two months old. Those years went by fast. Now he's reading, playing outside with friends (without me), losing baby teeth, and talking about how he's almost a 1st grader. Oh, and he learned how to tie his own shoe last Thursday night before soccer practice--he was so proud! I could be wrong, but I think this boy will ALWAYS look out for his Momma. I often ask him, "Do you promise to always give me hugs, even when you're as big as Daddy?", and he always says, "I promise."
Lane took our picture before church...so thankful for these sweet children. I love being their Mom! I hope they know every minute of every day that they are loved and that they bring me such JOY.
Then Lane took a picture of me with each sweet child individually.Rhett...
Alexee...I love how she says "girl"--she pronounces it "gerel". And I love how she says to me, "Me and you are the only gerels in this family so we have to stick 'togeder' ". I LOVE having boys, but I'm also very thankful to have someone who asks me to paint her fingernails pink, likes to wear dresses and bows and likes to pick flowers (like yesterday when she ran out on the soccer field to pick a tiny yellow flower and she held it in her hand until we got back to the car). She is sweet and funny and full of energy. She makes us laugh every day.
Crosby...And then there's this sweet baby boy. I smile every night when I go in his room and put my hand on his back to feel him breathing (and he makes me smile a thousand other times throughout the day). From the day I found out I was expecting baby #3, I was 99.9% sure that "it" was going to be a boy...I just knew in my heart he would fit perfectly in our family, and I'd be absolutely crazy about him. And I was right! :)
After church Alexee and Crosby took naps and Rhett did an archeological dig in the back yard. :) He got this neat fossil kit yesterday at Mid-America Museum when he went there with his Grammy and cousins. He worked at this for a long time and discovered three fossils.

After his nap we got C to take several steps in a row (5 or 6, I think) by holding the TV remote out in front of him (Lane's idea)--he loves the remote, so it was good motivation for him! Tonight we went out to dinner at P.F. Chang's--a good way to end the weekend!Happy Mother's Day to my Mom, Grandmother and to Lane's Mom...
We love you all!
We love you all!


5 comments:
Oh, Jamie, I even got a little teary-eyed reading this post. First of all your children are just precious and so unique and special in their own individual ways. And secondly, you get more beautiful with age... that's a good trait to have! ha!
And I totally believe Rhett will look out for you ALWAYS!! It's like I get to take a look back at Kale when I read about Rhett... they are so similar. Kale still looks out for me. He KNOWS me. And he's now the very best of friends with me! You can't ask for more than that. I have a sneaky suspicion that R will be very much like that with you. I see many special times ahead for you.
Jamie, Happy Mother's Day! I think you have always been the most precious mother. Your children will have nothing but wonderful memories of childhood and what a loving mother you were to them!
Love the matching outfits....you all look so sweet!
Yammie - you look so beautiful in these photos!
AWW! reading this and seeing your pics makes me soooo excited just thinking about children! maybe in like 2 mother's days we will have one in the oven!?!? haha
p.s. it's really not fair that you look that good!!
These pics are just PRICELESS and I just love how you wrote about each child! I'm glad you had a such a special Mother's Day! :)
Post a Comment