Last night Rhett lost his second tooth (bottom right). As I mentioned on 4/29, it was just barely hanging in there, so last night before bed he asked us to pull it. Lane tried to pull it out a few times, but his hand kept slipping so he wrapped dental floss around it (Rhett told us this is how Bobba pulled the first one) and out it popped with ease! A little too much ease, actually, because the tiny tooth went flying and hit Lane in the neck then we spent the next 10 minutes or so searching the room for it. We'll be more prepared next time. Lane finally found it buried in the carpet, right below where he was sitting on the edge of the bed. Whew! So we carefully wrapped it in tissue and R tucked it in his tooth pillow. I took a picture of him when I went to check on him later.

Crosby woke up at 5:45 this a.m., so I was in the kitchen stumbling around--half asleep--getting him a bottle when I turned around from the microwave and there was Rhett! I was not expecting him to be standing right there so it gave me a good scare, but he was just excited to show me the $2 that the tooth fairy brought him! He explained to us tonight that "the amount the tooth fairy brings depends a lot on the size of the tooth." I guess he's expecting a bigger pay day when he loses the top front teeth!? Here he is before school this morning:

And here's a picture of Alexee for the post, taken Sunday before church (my sister got her this dress when she was just a little baby):

Today we were playing school, Alexee wanted to be the teacher, and she kept calling me "Lil' Darlin' " for some reason! "It's time to clean up, Lil Darlin...It's time for nap Lil Darlin, etc." I thought it was so cute and funny. I'm not sure where she heard that--maybe her teacher at MDO? She's always entertaining.
And one of Crosby yesterday, just looking cute in his monkey shirt:
C has just learned to squeal, and he does it all the time now! He squeals for fun when he's happy or we're chasing him, squeals when he's mad because Alexee takes a toy from him, when he doesn't want to be confined in the car seat, etc. The noise level around here just went up even a little more!


2 comments:
Sianna has totally started waking up at 5:30am! It's a blessing if I get to sleep until 6. I need to put black poster board or foil on our windows to see if that helps.
That toothless pic of Rhett sure made me think of a young RHop!!!
The tooth fairy has raised her pay since my kids were losing teeth! Ha!
Post a Comment