Today was the last day of the Upward soccer season. Our games have been at 9:00 every Saturday morning, and there have been several games where it was really windy and chilly and we wished we'd packed blankets. Not today! It was HOT and we needed sunscreen (luckily the church provided sunscreen because I forgot to bring ours). Rhett had a blister on his foot, so he didn't think he would be able to run very fast. We told him this was his last game of the season and he needed to be tough and play hard.
Part of the team ("Pumas").
We were happy when our friends Bobby and Charla showed up to watch the game--Thank you guys for coming! Alexee had fun sitting in Charla's lap.
Look who can balance standing up! He's walking quite a bit now...on May 17th it sort of "clicked" for him and he started walking a lot that day!
The team having their half-time devotion. Upward is such a neat program.
When we got home I rolled out paper for R & A to paint on in the back yard. I bought a new box of washable finger paint earlier this week and thought it would be a fun project for them. They did enjoy it, but it wasn't long before they got bored with the paper and decided to paint themselves. I looked out the kitchen window and Alexee had her clothes off and she'd painted herself, including her hair! After Rhett saw me laughing, he asked if he could do the same (Alexee didn't bother asking permission!). They looked so funny, and it was good to see them having fun together. I washed them off with the water hose--cold!!--before I let them come in to take a shower.


I wonder if this was the moment when the idea popped into her head about painting herself instead of the paper?!

This afternoon we made cinnamon & sugar cupcakes. I always loved when my Aunt Linda made these when we were kids!
Recipe:
-Just use a yellow cake mix to bake cupcakes (I used regular size cupcakes this time, but I've used a mini-muffin pan before, which is cute for a baby shower brunch, etc.)
-While the cupcakes are still warm, dip them in melted butter then roll them in a sugar & cinnamon mixture.



2 comments:
I love their little uniforms!
Jodi makes those cupcakes. They are SO good!!
That looks so fun! You always come up with fun activities for the kids - and good things to make!
Those cupcakes look SO yummy!!!
Post a Comment