For some reason I was feeling festive this week for Cinco de Mayo. I bought the ingredients for tacos (for the kids), a new corn dip and quesadillas. The quesadillas turned out to be too involved for me and my limited ability to cook with three kids running/crawling/fighting/yelling in the kitchen. As I was wearing plastic gloves trying to peel a roasted jalapeno without getting it in my eye and Alexee was yelling "come wipe meeee!" from upstairs I knew I needed to go back to Orville Redenbacher's recipe the following night.
The colorful napkins and cups for our special "Cinco de Mayo punch" (clear Kool-aid) were fun though:
Rhett and Crosby enjoyed dinner outside, but Alexee hadn't had a nap so she was in a bad mood. She said she didn't like tacos, so she ate leftover chicken strips.
For dessert, mint chocolate chip ice cream (didn't really fit the theme, but they liked it):
Corn dip and chips (I wasn't crazy about it, actually. It had cream of chicken soup in it, served hot, which seemed like a strange ingredient to me for a dip. It was okay, but I probably won't make it again. There are some corn dips that I love, but this wasn't one of them.
I liked the quesadillas...but probably won't make those again either. Next 5/5 I think we'll hop in the car and go to Senior Tequila for dinner. :)

Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


3 comments:
Wow! You went to a lot of trouble. And I'm thinking Mint Chip Ice Cream goes with EVERYTHING!! My favorite.
Great job! It can be so hard making time to celebrate little holidays with your kiddos, but it is so special to them and you are making memories! I loved the laterns in the last picture...very festive!
I loved this post! It was so funny & SO REAL. Lately I've been wondering how in the world this family is ever going to eat because I can't seem to get a recipe together. And as soon as Schafer needs a wipe, Sianna starts screaming because she's alone in the living room. Life really does throw some chaotic moments when our kids are so small! I thought your party was so great and special. Good job!
Post a Comment