Friday, May 14, 2010

Field Day

Today was field day at Rhett's school. He's been excited about it all week, and luckily the weather cooperated! When I arrived, the kids were having lots of fun at the dance station:Rhett & friends from his class:
Their last stop before lunch was the snow cone station. I checked him out after his picnic lunch, so he had a short day but a fun day. He's had a great kindergarten year--I really can't believe it's almost over. I'm thankful for his wonderful teacher and new friends. It's been so neat to see him learn to read and become more independent and confident. Only 15 more school days until SUMMER BREAK!

3 comments:

Candy said...

I love field day! :) Glad R has had a great K year! This school year has FLOWN by!

Jacquie said...

I used to love field day. I KNOW the kids did. You "kids" were in high school helping with field day then. Ha!!

His Kindergarten year has FLOWN by. I bet you feel he's learned SO much in a year's time. Thanks for sharing all the sweet moments with us!

Sharmin said...

We have field day this coming week, but I don't get to have fun since I'm stuck with high school. :( Oh well, I'll be moving lots of my stuff into the new building this week, so I won't complain.

We have 5 full days of school, and 2 1/2 days for semester tests. I'm ready for summer.