Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sprinkler fun and plants

The days are getting warm here! Time for the sprinkler in the back yard! Rhett and Alexee had fun running through the water yesterday after we picked R up from school.My hydrangea's leaves looks healthy, but I'm so disappointed that it only has ONE bloom on it (it had two, but Alexee picked one a few weeks ago). Any suggestions on how to make it bloom more?
Our day lilies are blooming a lot though! (Alexee likes to pick these too.)
And my two banana pepper plants are blooming.
One of the things I like about this time of year: good fruit

Last night I made piecrust hearts and fresh whipping cream to go with strawberries and blackberries. Mmmm! (I'm hoping to go to Flippin while the blackberries are ripe so I can pick lots for FREE--I really don't like paying for blackberries at the grocery store!)

5 comments:

Jacquie said...

I cringe when I think how cold that water is coming straight from the hose!! Kids are tough!

I'm pretty sure I could eat my weight in pie crust hearts. I love pie crust!! :)

Kayla said...

I used to LOVE running through the sprinklers!! Ahh, the joys of childhood!

Sadly, I can't offer you ANY advice on the plant. Our tomato plants are burnt! Oops...

I have been going CRAZY over strawberries and blackberries these past couple weeks! I got so sad yesterday when I saw Walmart had replaced the blackberries with blueberries :(

Flo and Grace said...

Those desserts look divine. Don't I remember you saying a looong time ago that you wanted to own a bed and breakfast or something like that? THOSE would be great to serve somewhere like that!

Lisa Sherrill Roach said...

My hydrangeas are just now starting to try to bloom. Must be something in the air because they were covered in blooms by March of last year.

Kelly said...

YOu always make the BEST desserts. I can't figure out how you stay so skinny! ha!