Saturday, December 18, 2010

1st Grade Party

I was happy to get to help with Rhett's class party last Thursday afternoon. It was crazy but fun. First-graders have SO MUCH ENERGY. After spending that hour there, I am even more thankful for teachers...they are very special people. It seemed like it was at least 120 degrees in the classroom, and my head was pounding after the first 10 minutes. :)

I think the gingerbread house was a hit! I took a picture of each child in the house to print for them.
Rhett and the cute little girl that sits next to him at his table.
One mom organized a game for the kids, and they loved it! Here's Jessica explaining the rules and the kids cheering and jumping with excitement!
She wrapped a box with 22 layers of paper and a bow, and the kids passed it around the circle until the music stopped. If you were the student holding the box when the music stopped, you got to unwrap a layer. Everyone got a turn. Then at the end the box contained Santa candy for each child.
A cute craft they made earlier in the week. R brought his home and hung it on the playroom tree.
Class photo.
Unfortunately their teacher injured her back and has been out all week.
We wish her a speedy recovery and a Merry Christmas.
Everyone making silly faces! I think they are all ready for CHRISTMAS BREAK!

5 comments:

Karen Cleveland said...

Hey Jamie. Is that Sydney Fern that Rhett sits next to? She is our old neighbor!!! She are a very sweet family. We miss them SO much! Looks like a fun party! Merry Christmas.

Karen Cleveland said...

oops! meant to say they are a very sweet family : )

Jacquie Wallace said...

Haha! I remember those days. Needless to say, I was NEVER a room mother. :)

I'd like to see a picture of your dad when he was R's age... they have to look similar! Every time I see a pic of R lately, I see your Dad.

Holly said...

Looks like a fun class party! I love the gingerbread house! :O

Candy said...

looks like a super fun party! His classroom is SO big compared to our schools here!