Monday, December 6, 2010

Fireside Cafe and an Indoor Tent

Sunday Lane and I volunteered in the church Fireside Cafe. It's a really fun "job". Since it was just the two of us working in the smaller cafe this week, we let Rhett and Alexee hang out with us for a while after they ate their donuts. They liked helping out, especially R. He restocked the coffee cups, sugar, napkins, etc.
The inside of the church is decorated really pretty for Christmas. Here are the trees surrounding the cross in the center of the building.
The stage in the worship center looked neat too with the trees at the back.
After church...opening candy that we brought them from Houston, along with the book that Brooks & Bennett sent them.
Cute Crosby looking at a Christmas book in his Christmas PJs.
Monday Alexee wanted to make an indoor tent using pillows and blankets. Here's what we came up with.
Crosby thought it was fun.
Just recently she has learned to write her name and she likes to draw. My sister gave her this little journal a while back I think. She had fun sitting in the tent drawing pictures.

2 comments:

Jacquie Wallace said...

I remember when my kids used to build tents in our house. I miss those days.

Sharmin said...

We love tents, too!
Chris, the boys, and I will be in LR Thursday night and Friday. We have the Farm Family luncheon on Friday...wonder what that will be like? We're going to spend the night with G, A, and the twins. I wish we could see you, but we will have to leave right after the luncheon is over to get back home in time for another Christmas party...maybe we could see you Friday morning? Give me a call.