Friday, December 10, 2010

The Christmas Program

More holiday activities!

Yesterday was the preschool Christmas program. The 2s, 3s and 4s participated, and as always, it was very cute. The four year olds had the speaking parts. They wore white shirts and red and green scarves. The thee year olds (A's group) were toys and were asked to wear their Halloween costumes. The twos wore PJs and carried stuffed animals.

Since I had my camera with me at drop-off yesterday, I snapped a picture of one of C's masterpieces hanging in the hallway. :)
Alexee wanted to wear her Sleeping Beauty costume, but it is looking pretty rough (torn at the bottom, missing a sleeve, etc.) so I talked her into wearing the cute horse costume from last year. She happily got dressed in her jeans, horse shirt, hat, and cute pig-tail braids. The horse won't fit in the car seat, so she carried it to the classroom....
And then we walked in and there stood Cinderella and Jasmine. Great. She whispered to me, "I wish I was a princess and looked like everyone else." I felt bad for her and for not repairing her Sleeping Beauty dress that she loves so much, and I was also worried that it was going to be a major ordeal to get her into the costume at this point.
Thank goodness for this little boy dressed as a Toy Story's Woody. He walked up to us and she said, "Will you take my picture with Noah?" I said, "Sure! That will be perfect! You guys look so cute!" She seemed fine after that. :)
She wanted to make SURE I knew what time it started so I wouldn't miss it. I promised her I'd be there, and told her to sing nice and loud!
Blowing me a kiss
Time to enjoy the program! Doors opened at 10:00 for seating, show at 11:00. I got there in time to claim a third row seat on the side of the stage she would be standing on.
Here she is walking onto the stage with her teacher. Somewhere along the way she lost her hat and one braid. Not quite as crisp as she was at 8:30 a.m., but still really cute. :)
The administrators, classroom teachers and music teacher put so much work into this! They started practicing right after Labor Day.
Time for the toys to exit.
Great job everyone!
After the play

4 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

I love children's programs cause no matter how they turn out...everyone is pleased just to see their children perform!! Alexee looked precious in her cowgirl outfit...must more unique than all those princesses!

Kayla said...

tooooooooooooooooo cute!

Pigtails & Pearls said...

I have had so much fun watching Chloe at her Programs this year. Half the time, she does nothing but mouth a few words and blow me kisses, but I love it!

Jacquie said...

A is SO cute and has such a fun personality. I love the picture of her blowing the kiss at you!!