Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Morning!

Christmas morning started at 6:30 a.m. here. We'd asked Alexee and Rhett to wait upstairs for us to come and get them so that we could have the video camera ready and see their faces when they came in. A few minutes after 6:00 we heard little feet running in the hallway upstairs! We hurried up to get them, and the fun began! (I'm not sure C was quite ready to get out of his warm, cozy bed but he quickly warmed up to the idea of gift-opening.)

Santa left four separate stacks of goodies for the kids and Bogart in front of the fireplace.
Santa brought Bobo a variety of sticks/treats
Inside this package was a world atlas.
Alexee got a pink poodle Webkinz. Rhett likes to do the Webkinz stuff on the computer, so he helped Alexee get hers registered. I think she named it "Alexee". :)
One of the things R asked Santa for!
Alexee had asked for a new doll. Santa must have known she likes purple.
Crosby got several balls, including a basketball with goal. His hair is getting long and sometimes it looks wild, but I like it!
R got a Nintendo DS. He's been wanting one of these for a long time. He's been having a lot of fun with it already.
After the Santa gifts were unwrapped, we moved to the entryway for the kids to open their gifts from us.
Rhett has this book and Alexee likes to borrow it for me to read to her. Now she has her very own copy with her name in the front cover. Such a sweet book.
R and A got fleece-lined Crocs. Rhett's are tan, Alexee's pink. This little Christmas gown is the one A has worn for the last two years. She had newer Christmas PJs, but insisted on wearing this with her "pretty girl jammie pants" to keep her warm (since the gown is more of a long shirt now--ha!) I love it though. She not new fuzzy pink princess slippers and once she put those on with this outfit she looked so cute I could hardly stand it! :)
C got a big toy bin for his room, PJs, a sock monkey jack-in-the-box and a Cedarmont Kids DVD
I think this is funny of Bogart sitting by his stocking stuffers, licking his lips.
The kids' excitement made it so fun for us.
I'm so grateful for my family!
Merry Christmas from The Garners!
After all the gifts were opened, we cooked our traditional Christmas morning breakfast: pancakes, bacon, cinnamon apples and coffee cake. I didn't take a single picture of the meal or us eating it. It was hectic just trying to cook and have everyone stay seated to eat. After the blessing, Rhett said, "Crosby was throwing scrambled eggs at me through the WHOLE prayer!" This made Alexee laugh. :)

Then we all stayed in our PJs and spent the day at home together...playing with their new toys, taking naps, watching movies, etc. I put a roast on that morning so we skipped lunch and had a yummy dinner of roast, potatoes, corn and rolls. A good day!

4 comments:

Claire said...

PJ Christmasses are the best! Looks like a wonderful day.

Cxx

Jill said...

I like that Alexee's new doll is named Alexa -- perfect!

Jacquie Wallace said...

What a FUN morning!!! Your kids are SO cute ... and I love C's long hair.

I can't believe you got such a good family photo!!

Tonya said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas!
"Love You Forever" is one of my favorite children's books! It makes me cry so I'm not sure how I'll read it to E!!!