Monday, December 6, 2010

Friends in Houston

Last Thursday Lane had business in Houston, TX, so I went along to see my friends Heather and Stacy! It was so good to get to spend time with them. We stayed with Heather's family (thank you, H!), and it was a treat to get to hang out with her and her sweet boys. Wow, Bennett has grown...he was only three weeks old when we visited them last spring!

Thursday night we went out for a fun dinner to celebrate Stacy's birthday. I didn't take pictures until the waiter brought the special occasion dessert: green apple cotton candy in a glass with a sparkler!?
Happy Birthday, S!
Right after I snapped this picture she tried to blow out the candle, which I guess wasn't supposed to be blown out. The waiter, who had been goofy and joking throughout the whole dinner, instantly changed his tone and yelled, "NO!!" as he grabbed the sparkler and ran around the corner with it! I think the sparks only missed my hair by a few centimeters, but thankfully I had quick reflexes and leaned out of the way! We had a good laugh about that. :)
Back at Heather's house...Jaxon was a great host!
Bennett is such a sweet, easy-going little guy. I loved hanging out with him! He's crawling and making cute little sounds. He laughed at me several times, which made me feel good.
Brooks is a great big brother to Bennett and is so funny! Lane had left early Friday morning for his meeting, but Brooks didn't see him so later in the morning he said to me, "Your boyfriend is STILL asleep upstairs!?" Friday afternoon Brooks asked me if I'd help him clean his room, and then he pointed to Lane and said, "Will you ask him to help too?" He put air in the giant penguin so I could take his picture by it. :)
Friday night we were planning to go out to dinner with Bryan and Heather, but unfortunately Heather got a migraine and was feeling terrible all afternoon. I felt so bad for her. She had to cancel their babysitter, so Lane and I went to eat alone at a steak place called Perry's. The food was wonderful!
It was very nice to have a little break from the routine, but I was also ready to see the kids! Rhett and Alexee were waiting up for us when we got home Saturday night, and I went to Crosby's room and put my hand on his back in the crib. Home sweet home. A HUGE thank you to Lane's parents for keeping all three kids for us while we were gone...I know it's tiring. We really appreciate the help though, and the kids had a blast!

2 comments:

Ryan V. said...

I love those boots! You look great in the pic. I think it is TOO funny that he called lane your boyfriend! Haha Kids say the funniest things! I bet your kids were glad to have y'all back home :)

Jacquie Wallace said...

I love to just hear the word "Houston". Ha!! I'm glad you had a good time and fun with your boyfriend!

That penguin is huge - they must have high ceilings. And your boots are too cute!