Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Phone Photos #14

Everyday life...

It always makes me laugh when I look back and see Bogart in the booster seat on our way to get Rhett.
Alexee said, "There's a big "X" like in my name!"One of my favorite trees every fall.My friend sent me this of Rhett at the climbing center when he was there for a birthday party. Rhett loved it and wants to go back. I'd like to try it too!A sketch and painting that I did in November. It was for a gray & pink nursery which I thought was a such a cute color scheme!Don't know what was going on here. I think we were in the parking lot of Fresh Market, waiting on Lane and things got crazy.
Red Velvet Cake. Wish I had a piece now.
Spelling test.
I like this street by the golf course. Pretty sky that day.
Usually he likes to knock things down, but this day he wanted to build.
It's fun having a little girl...
...but I also love having boys! :)
She wanted me to do pink/purple/pink purple
One day before Thanksgiving at Rhett's classroom--helping with the turkey crafts.
Fall arrangement that R's class sent to the teacher to say "we're thankful for you!"
Lane and I think these commercials are funny.
Excited about this movie!
Rhett's church craft last Sunday.
Alexee looking at Christmas books in her tutu and crown.
When I picked her up from MDO she was excited to show me the rocks she'd picked up on the playground and stored in her leg-warmers. :)
When R saw the mail that day, he said, "Yes--Macworld!!"
:)
I told Lane to text me a picture of a cactus from Arizona--he sent this from the shuttle to the rental car place.
One day last week when he didn't feel good and had 101.6 fever. :( Just a virus--felt better the next day.)
Trying to decide if this would be a good gift for anyone on my Christmas list...looks interesting.
Leaving the Capitol building last weekend.
One of my all-time favorite movies. This was when he was saying, "Anyway, my father didn't think so!"
Making cheese sandwiches a little more fun.
About to make Reindeer Trail Mix
Good, except the marshmallows dried out too fast. Probably should have left those out.
I love mail this time of year...Christmas cards!
Decorating oranges with cloves to make the kitchen smell good. Christmas cards hanging in the background.
Rhett's artwork from school today.
:) :) :)
(Can you tell I'm crazy about this little boy!?)
Alexee in the clubhouse that she and R built.
I got this idea for a muffin-tin dinner from Candy's blog. The kids thought it was fun. The spaces contained strawberries, ham, apple sauce, raisins, shredded cheese and yogurt.
The finished gingerbread house project (see below).
**********
Tomorrow is R's class party, and I decided to make a cardboard gingerbread house for a photo prop. I thought I'd cut the window out, have the kids peek through for a photo and then print them for the kids. I should have done the cutting before the candy because the cutting knocked some of the candies off and I had to re-glue them. I borrowed a jigsaw from a friend because a handsaw wouldn't even begin to cut through this heavy-duty cardboard. Lane wasn't here, so I had to do the cutting myself, and I'm happy to report that I still have ten fingers! The jigsaw was much louder and more powerful than I anticipated--it was scary! Skittles, butterscotch chips and Tootsie Rolls were flying across the garage, and I was trying to steady the project on top of the recycle bin (with the help of Lex's bike on one side).
I put the camera on timer for this one--ha! I found a pair of Rhett's (broken) safety goggles in the playroom to wear.
I think it will be a fun party. There's going to be a game, a craft and lots of snacks!

5 comments:

on the eastern journey said...

So fun! I love random photos collected together. Everyday life photos are my favorite! OK, when I saw the photo of you working on the gingerbread house it kind of reminded me of Mythbusters. ha!

Heather said...

Love it...such a great job!! Wish my boys could have their pics made peeking through...I also love the random photos. I take pics of toys & random things Brooks' leaves strategically placed around the house.

Ryan V. said...

wow that gingerbread house is impressive!

Jacquie Wallace said...

Another of my favorite PP posts!! I just have to say you are probably one of the most talented people I know.

I love the leg-warmer photo, all things Crosby, and R's MacWorld comment is SO typical!!

Jill said...

This is my favorite post!