Monday, March 7, 2011

Nocturnal Animals

I wanted to remember something cute that Alexee did tonight:

At bedtime, I was reading her a Winnie the Pooh book, and there was a page where you're supposed to find all the nocturnal animals on the page. I explained to her what nocturnal meant, and she found everything and we moved on. After books we always say a prayer and sing songs. She wanted to pray tonight. She said things similar to what I usually say..."Thank you for this wonderful day...please keep (me) safe and healthy and protect (me) from all harm...Help us to love other people as You love us..." Then I loved her ending: "Please be with all the nocturnal animals as they are awake tonight and help them rest during the day tomorrow. Amen."

I couldn't keep from smiling and when she looked at me she asked why I was smiling. I told her it was just because she is such a joy and so sweet and fun I love her so much!

7 comments:

Kayla said...

such a sweet memory! hehe

Jacquie Wallace said...

I love how their little minds work. So sweet.

Candy said...

SO SO sweet!!! :)

sandra @ eastern journey said...

So cute!

Jessica said...

That is one for the scrapbook!

Sharmin said...

That is so sweet. When Casey was in 2nd grade we were on our way home from school and I asked the usual question, "What did you learn today?" She answered, "We learned about non-turtled animals." It took me a little while to figure out she was talking about "noctournal" animals.

Heather said...

What a precious little girl...such a sweet spirit!!