Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Princess Louisa: Love at First Sight

Mo has been promising Alexee that she can have a cat of her own to keep at the barn in Flippin. Alexee has been very excited about this, and when we were visiting for Spring Break we went to the local shelter to look for the perfect cat. They had two rooms of cats for rescue. We walked into the first room and a cat in the very first cage stuck its paw through the door to try to play. Alexee said, "I want that one." Mom said, "Well, let's just look at all the others and make sure this is the best pet for you." Mom asked several questions about the age and personality of the different cats, and Alexee walked politely along and looked but would occasionally say, "I want that (first) cat over there". After considering all the options, we went back to the first cat and the nice lady got the cat out to meet Alexee and see how they liked each other. It was love at first sight. :) The cat's shelter name was "Louisa", but A has been saying for months that she wants to name her cat Princess. So we decided her name could be Princess Louisa.

Alexee & Princess meet for the first time
This cat has the sweetest personality! She's very gentle and loving and seems to like people.
Crosby really liked the cat too and wanted a turn holding her...but we were afraid that might scare her.
She didn't want Mo to carry her. She wanted to carry her all by herself.
We were surprised at the amount of paperwork involved in getting a cat!
Mom finally finished the paperwork (she was a little worried about what all she might have signed!?)...and here they are, ready to go home! (I'm sure the employees were getting tired of me snapping pictures, but I'm glad I did.) :)
Princess Louisa had a big, warm welcome at the house. Granddad, Rhett, Jaiden, Jeryn, Maelee and Marcee all liked her! Alexee told my Dad, "I thought I'd picked a cat that you would like, but it turns out that everyone else likes her too!"
I thought these pictures were all so sweet of them together:
New friends!
The cat has a temporary place to stay in the laundry room until she gets adjusted to her new family and surroundings. All the kids wanted to hold her and take care of her.
She got a little scared and ran under the chair! I think this is funny of C trying to reach her.
Even though Alexee knew up front that the cat was going to live with Mo and Granddad, she still had a tough time leaving without her today. She cried, and I felt really bad for her. I know they'll have fun next time we go to visit.

5 comments:

sandra @ eastern journey said...

Who knew that a cat from the shelter would have any paperwork?!? I would have given up and handed the cat back. :)

His Doorkeeper said...

Brenda doesn't know that she signed for the "Cat of the Month" club and will getting a new cat every month for the next year!!

Ryan V. said...

Alexee looks so pretty in those pictures holding the new cat. I think it's sweet that she gets her "own" pet to keep at grandmas!

Jacquie said...

I got so teary reading this... I guess it's just all the sweetness in it. I love that A felt so strongly about the kitty from the first glance.

That's where we got Isabella and she is the best dog ever!!! We sure lucked out.

Rachel said...

That warms my heart..my cats are my children and I love that your daughter has such a kind heart towards animals!