My parents got to spend a few hours with us yesterday, and we were very excited to see them. The kids had not seen them since January 23rd, which is too long! I told Alexee we were having surprise visitors, but wouldn't tell her who they were. She had several guesses (including Mo & Granddad), but I told her to wait and see who showed up at the door. When Rhett got home I told him the same thing and he said, "What clues do we have?" Alexee told him the only clue was that they drive a black vehicle. R said, "Oh, that's definitely Mo and Granddad!" And he was right!
The weather was great yesterday. We played freeze-tag in the back yard. I think in this picture Dad is "it", Mo is "frozen" and everyone else is on the move. :)
When everyone got tired they went inside for some story-telling with the Grandma/Wolf doll.
When everyone got tired they went inside for some story-telling with the Grandma/Wolf doll.
We decided to go the church playground for a little while before they had to leave. It was really fun having them with us for the afternoon.
And one more silly shot--Mo tried on Rhett's disguise from the dentist's treasure chest! ha ha!
Of course we didn't want them to leave (Alexee cried, which makes it extra hard), but we plan to see them again during Spring Break!_______________________________
*Dump Cake
Just "dump" it all in a greased 9 x 13" dish in this order and bake:
1 large can crushed pineapple (not drained)
1 large can cherry pie filling
1 dry yellow cake mix (spread evenly across the top to form the crust)
1 stick butter (cut into small pieces and placed evening across the cake mix)
chopped pecans, if desired
Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes/until golden brown. Great served warm with ice cream.1 large can cherry pie filling
1 dry yellow cake mix (spread evenly across the top to form the crust)
1 stick butter (cut into small pieces and placed evening across the cake mix)
chopped pecans, if desired
We used to have this at the Martins' house after church on Sunday nights--fun memories!






3 comments:
Your parents are so sweet to "surprise" you with a visit! I know they are like we are and can't go too long without seeing the grandkids!!
I think Brenda should invest in some glasses and draw herself a mustache!! SOOO funny and she looks so cute! A great picture for Rhett to see someday how much fun he and "Mo" had together!
Yes, I remember having Dump Cake after church on Sunday nights! I also remember coming to your house and sitting by the fireplace and eating popcorn out of Brenda's Big Bowl! Fun times!
It looks like fun was had by ALL!! I love that your Dad tells stories with Grandma/Wolf doll. I bet that is HILARIOUS!!!
I'm a big fan of dump cake and ice cream!
Dump cake? I love it - I may have to make that sometime soon!
Cxx
Post a Comment