Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Break, Part III

Spring Break is flying by. This morning we met my friend Ali and her kids for donuts before leaving town to go to Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs. We were happy that Lane's Mom met us at the Gardens too. We were just a little late this year...a lot of the tulips had already bloomed and lost petals, but they were still beautiful!

Alexee shares my love for flowers.
Rhett and his friend Lawson
Rhett, Alexee & friends
Grammy & Alexee
Thank you, Grammy, for coming with us!
This was probably my favorite one!
I wish this was my back yard!
Rhett took my picture by the tulips.
Loved these too.
As always, I had big plans to take great pictures of the kids together. I seem to constantly forget how impossible it is to get a picture of all three of them cooperating/looking at the camera. ha!
The children's adventure area was neat
We took turns chasing Crosby and trying to carry him.
All he wanted to do was RUN away from us!
So close--we just almost got everyone to look.
Thankful for these sweet, very active & energetic children!
After touring the gardens, we went to lunch at a new Mexican restaurant in town-yum! Then we went back to Grammy & Bobba's condo for a while. Crosby opened birthday presents and we had cupcakes. Happy (early) Birthday, C!
A new ball and yard tools--perfect for him!
Grammy & Crosby
He liked his balloon!
Rhett helped with the candles
Garner boys blowing out the candles
Bobba had been to a meeting that morning, but got back in time to hang out with us for the afternoon. He took R & A down to the lake where they first wanted to stick a finger in the water. Then a toe. Then just up to their ankles. It wasn't long before they were knee-deep and asking if they could go swimming. Too cold today, but summer will be here soon enough!
Bobba, R & A
We got back into town just in time to drop Lane off at school for a lecture. We needed to find something to do for an hour while L was there, and the kids needed shoes for spring so we went to the shoe store. I should know better. It's never a good idea to take all three shoe shopping at the same time, especially when one of them is Alexee who loves shoes. On the way there I had her repeat after me: "I, Alexee, understand that we are going to the shoe store to look for white OR silver sandals only. I will not ask for other styles of shoes or throw a fit when Mom tells me that we are not getting more than one pair of shoes. I will be polite and have good manners and let the lady measure my feet. The end." She did okay. We found some cute silver sandals that she liked. But she just couldn't resist also asking for that pair of pink, sparkly ballet slippers. :)

3 comments:

sandra @ eastern journey said...

Tulips always remind me of Salzburg! Good times. Love the photo of the Garner boys blowing out the candles.

Candy said...

beautiful flowers!!! ya'll had a busy day! crosby is getting so big!

Jacquie Wallace said...

I could live in the middle of those tulips! Beautiful!

A is a girl after my own heart!