Friday night Lane and I went to a fundraiser for Rhett's elementary school. The name of the event was Retro Rewind, and the theme was "Come as you were or just come as you are". Lane and I were boring and didn't dress up, but it was funny to see those who did! I wish I'd taken more pictures. If you want to get a sampling of the clothing choices, here's a link to another Retro Rewind friend who did take pictures--I hope she wouldn't mind me sharing!
In addition to a silent auction, they had a live auction for artwork pieces created by each class. They were all neat--here are a few of my favorites:
This is what R's class did. His tile is on the top row, second from the left. This was the top seller of the night! I also liked the eagle mosaic behind it.
This one was neat too, and of course had several Hog-fan bidders. They should probably make a few more of these for next year!
I was hoping for a spring-weather weekend, but Saturday was rainy and chilly. R and A played the wii for a while.
Saturday evening we took them to Chick-fil-A to eat dinner and play on the indoor playground. It wasn't crowded at all, so it was a perfect way for them to burn some energy and have dinner in the same stop.
I actually cooked a meal (for once!), and Lane and I ate later that night. The kids wouldn't have eaten any of this anyway--except for maybe the Sister Schubert rolls. I made Kelly's Chicken Supreme, baked beans and Buttermilk Salad. This salad is good and should probably be called Peach Salad instead if it doesn't want to scare people away--ha! I am NOT a fan of plain buttermilk, but this salad is good and tastes nothing like it:2 small boxes peach Jell-O
2 cups buttermilk
1 8oz. Cool Whip
1 cup pecans
Heat the pineapple; add Jell-O. Mix well and cool. Once cool, add buttermilk, Cool Whip and nuts. Mix well and refrigerate.
I commented that this was the most dishes I'd used for a meal in a long time and Lane said, "Well, it never hurts to have a good home-cooked meal once a year." HA! I wish I still liked to cook--I used to when I still lived at home and when I was in college. I don't know what happened?




4 comments:
LOVE the kids art work. Those are great!!
I have lost any desire to spend time in my kitchen. I wish I had it in me, but it's just never been a passion.
When ever we go back to the states, I look forward to not cooking and lots of chick-fil-a. :)
Oh that all looks so yummy!
The art is fabulous!
Cxx
Love the artwork!! Steve would love that Razorback!
You know I cooked a "real" meal tonight and it took me from 4pm to 8pm to cook, eat and clean up! That's what takes the fun out of it for me...tooo much time...I'd rather be doing something else!! I think I'm "done" for the week on the real meal deal!! har
Post a Comment