It has been a busy day, but not a lot of pictures to show for it! The kids' Spring Break continues, and except for an afternoon lecture, Lane was off today too. The termite inspector stopped by this morning to take a look inside of the house so he could sign off on our inspection. Lane also had another pest-control company out today to spray for other critters--mostly ants because they are everywhere. I was hoping all the snow would decrease the ant population, but I'm afraid that didn't happen. So then we were all off to Alexee's make-up gymnastics class that she missed while we were in Flippin. From there we dropped Lane and Alexee off at Home Depot (she wanted to shop with Lane) :) while the boys and I went to Debbie's to get C's hair trimmed for his upcoming portrait. He did okay except for the clippers--he was not at all comfortable with that noise. Then we all went home for lunch, and A & C took long naps (still catching up on sleep from the first part of Spring Break), R played with neighbor friends, I planted the jonquil bulbs that I brought from Mom and Dad's yard and Lane did some more work in the front yard. I have no idea if the jonquils will make it. I didn't research how/when to transplant the bulbs. I know that sometimes you're supposed to refrigerate bulbs and then plant in the fall, but it just seemed easier to go ahead and stick them in the ground now. Hopefully they'll survive and bloom next spring. Speaking of blooms, I found this iris (above) when I took A & C out in the back yard after their naps. I brought those from my parents' house last year, and I was so happy to see they'd made it through the winter. I think they are such beautiful flowers--I love their detail. We have such an amazing Creator!
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment