Two years ago today we became a family of five!
What a happy happy day!
We've been celebrating Crosby's birthday for a few days. Last night we did the usual b-day dinner at Purple Cow. (Other than two glasses of chocolate milk, I don't think Crosby ate a bite of anything. He's hit that stage where he doesn't want to slow down enough to eat at meal times. Rhett and Alexee both did that--and it bothered me with them too.)
What a wonderful two years it has been with this sweet little boy. I know I say it all the time, but he has SUCH a sweet, fun-loving personality. A two-year old's energy, yes, but oh so sweet and precious. 
At the restaurant, they give the b-day child a scoop of purple ice cream with sprinkles and a candle. We'd never had them (waiters & waitresses) come out and sing though, so we were surprised when a group came out singing Happy Birthday. I don't think C knew what to think! I love the sweet smile on his face here as he's looking at his candle.

He didn't even want to eat his ice cream!?
The birthday boy started his day at 6:50 this morning. I heard him calling out "Momma, Momma, Momma, Momma..." on the monitor. I took the camera with me when I went to get him out of his bed. Good morning, Sunshine!
He wakes up in a good mood.
We didn't have a big party this year. We spent time with my parents and sister last weekend and with L's parents on Thursday. So we had simple party today, just us five. I think C had fun though. I got cupcakes at the bakery and brought him a balloon. Rhett gave him a bubble machine, Alexee gave him a bug net and a yard rake and Lane and I gave him an Elmo DVD and a book. I'm also going to paint a birthday keepsake plate for him next week.


Happy 2nd Birthday to you!
(C kept singing "Happy to you" all day. We'd ask him "How old are you?", and he'd say "Two!" and try to hold up two fingers.)







It was cold today, but they wanted to go outside for just a little while to try out the bubble machine. Crosby really liked it! Bogart and Alexee had fun chasing the bubbles too. Alexee was very serious about trying to catch them here! ha!
Mom had called to tell us to watch for a package she'd mailed for C. The kids were excited when we found it on the front porch! Thanks, Mo & Granddad!



I wanted to take just a few more pictures tonight to finish documenting C's big day. Here he is washing the shower door--one of his favorite things to do.

This picture is deceiving...it looks like he sits nice and still while I put lotion on him and get him dressed for bed. That's not the case at all. A few seconds after I took this picture he threw the book in the floor and the wresting match began!

Lane and I take turns reading books to him before bed each night. Tonight we read one of his new books. This is one of my favorite things! He is SO sweet sitting there with his football, listening to the story. He will say, "What's that?" and then answer his own question.






I thought this was funny how he ate his cupcake. He just kind of smashed it against his face and ate all that he could from that position.

This was when he was sort-of done eating. A lot of it was just stuck to his cheeks. :)

R & A helped him with his gifts. He seemed to have fun opening things this time!



It was cold today, but they wanted to go outside for just a little while to try out the bubble machine. Crosby really liked it! Bogart and Alexee had fun chasing the bubbles too. Alexee was very serious about trying to catch them here! ha!
Mom had called to tell us to watch for a package she'd mailed for C. The kids were excited when we found it on the front porch! Thanks, Mo & Granddad!

So sweet how C is resting his hand on R's knee, waiting for R to help him open the box. :)

It's open now--let me have that! :)
I wanted to take just a few more pictures tonight to finish documenting C's big day. Here he is washing the shower door--one of his favorite things to do.
He stays entertained for a long time just playing with the cups of water.
This picture is deceiving...it looks like he sits nice and still while I put lotion on him and get him dressed for bed. That's not the case at all. A few seconds after I took this picture he threw the book in the floor and the wresting match began!
Lane and I take turns reading books to him before bed each night. Tonight we read one of his new books. This is one of my favorite things! He is SO sweet sitting there with his football, listening to the story. He will say, "What's that?" and then answer his own question.

I loved holding him tonight...

...and I loved holding him for the first time two years ago! Time goes TOO fast. How I wish I could travel back in time and experience that day again (and R's and A's birth-days, t00).

Bed time! I asked him to give me a kiss, so he blew me a kiss. :)

Crosby, you are such a precious boy. We all love you so very much!



6 comments:
Happy Birthday Crosby!
Happy birthday, Crosby! I can't believe he's already 2!
Can't believe Crosby is TWO! Just the last few times you've posted pics of him, he just looks SO big to me! It sounds like he had such a fun bday! LOVE all the sweet pics of him!
There's just something WRONG about looking that good when you've just had a baby... your third baby at that!!!
Happy Birthday, C!! I SO enjoy watching you grow up!!
Boy, the third child must turn another year older faster than the first two! Crosby is the most sweet little boy I know! Happy Birthday Crosby and don't grow up too fast! We love you being your cute little self!!!
Happy Birthday to Crosby! He seems like such a joy to be around! Just a happy kid! You look great by the way! And I love your hair!!
Post a Comment