Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rhett's B-day Party

Last night Rhett had his birthday party/sleepover. Four of his friends joined us for pizza and a trip to the rock climbing center, then we came back home for cake and a movie/wii/Nintendo DS playing. They all seemed to have a lot of fun. Seven year old boys lots of energy, that's for sure! :)
Rhett, Will, Nate, Lawson & Garret at the pizza place.
Seeing who can eat the most red pepper on their pizza. :)
Lane & Rhett
The boys did great at the climbing center. Rhett had been once before for Garret's b-day and has been wanting to go back since then. Lane and I took the brief belay lesson so we could help, but they also had fun on the auto-belay stations.
Can't BELIEVE this sweet boy is going to be 7 next week.
We were standing in front of a fan-ha!
Lane and Rhett
Good job, R!
Rhett requested a Star Wars cake, which I found at Sam's Club. The boys didn't eat much cake because they were still too full of pizza, but we did the candles and sang Happy Birthday anyway.
Happy Birthday, Dear Rhett!
May all your wishes come true!
The boys didn't take me very seriously when I told them it was time to go to sleep last night. They just had too many funny stories to share and too much laughing to do...and I don't think I'm very scary. So I came downstairs to get Lane and told him he was going to have to go up and be grouchy with the boys and threaten to take them home if they didn't settle down and go to sleep. I stood in the hallway and I heard several "Yes, sir" responses. And they were quiet after that! :) ha! I didn't hear anything else from them all night, but they were awake and playing Nintendo when I went upstairs at 6:30 this morning to get Crosby.
They weather was warm today, so they went outside this morning and played tag and Nerf football.
One of our sweet babysitters came to stay with Alexee and Crosby last night while we took the boys out, but they had fun playing outside with them this morning. Alexee gathered up this box of rocks from the flower bed.
A fun time!
I don't know about the boys, but I was tired today.
(Too bad we have to spring-forward tonight and lose a much-needed hour of sleep!)

*****
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER TODAY!!!
We love you and look forward to seeing you next weekend!

7 comments:

sandra @ eastern journey said...

Happy Birthday Rhett!

Candy said...

FUN party!!! It looks like they had a blast! Funny about the sleep thing, I'll have to remember that tip--get dad! :) I bet you are tired! That will be us next weekend! Ethan is having 4 friends spend the night for his 9th bday! We are going skating or bowling and having pizza! I'm telling you, it is hilarious to read your blog because I've either done the same thing or am about to! ha! :)

Jessica said...

Oh goodness! I just had a vision of Harbor at that age! Yikes! Surely, it will be slow getting here. Ha, ha!

His Doorkeeper said...

I can remember Rhett being born but it's hard to believe it was 7 years ago! Really, time does fly...Rhett has been a delight to watch grow up! Happy Birthday, Rhett, and please take more time the next few years 'cause you'll be a pre-teen before we can turn around!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Rhett!!! So glad he had a fun day and you survived. I want to climb that wall..lets do it my next visit.

Sharmin said...

Happy Birthday, Rhett! If we come to LR and have some time, Logan and Austin...and me....want to try out that rock climbing place.

Jacquie Wallace said...

You're a much braver woman than me... I never did the group sleepover thing. I don't think I have the nerves for it!

I hope R had a Happy Birthday!!