Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Shhhh--We are at the library!

It is very hard to keep three kids quiet in a library. I try, really I do, but I have yet to be successful. We made a trip there this afternoon to return 5 DVDs and 5 books and check out 10 more of each. (Keeping track of 20 items from the library is even more of a challenge than keeping three kids quiet in the library for 20 minutes.)

First stop: DVD section.
Today R had his library card so he was able to choose 5 of his own and A & C shared my card. Next stop: Computers
Rhett was actually trying to look up something (Magic Treehouse books), but A was just climbing and C was just pushing keys (or "buts" as he calls them--for "buttons"). R found 5 MT books that he had not read, so he was happy about that. I remember my nephew, Luke, liking the MT books not long ago at all...and now Luke is about to turn 16! They grow up TOO FAST.
C's favorite part of the library was the water fountain. He got mad (and made it known that he was mad) every time I tried to move him away from the fountain.
Alexee sat on my lap while I tried to read her a book, but I didn't have time to finish it before C disappeared around the corner and I had to run after him. He does not stay in any one place for very long at all.
After the library we made a stop at Chick-fil-A to play and pick up chicken strips and a milkshake. R & A pretended to be characters in a Super Mario game as they were climbing through the tubes/sliding down the slide. It's fun and refreshing to see them play well together. Rhett likes to play with his neighbor buddies, which is great, but sometimes I like for him to just hang out with us and play with his siblings. It honestly makes me a little (LOT) sad that he already acts like he has "outgrown" us. He'll be 7 next week. He's excited, but I think I'm struggling with it...7 sounds really old to this Momma. :( The library we went to today is right next to the office where I worked when I was pregnant with Rhett. We turned around in that office parking lot, and I told them about working there 7 years ago. I remember standing in the stairwell of that building to call and make my very first OB appointment. The years sure slip by.

4 comments:

Jacquie Wallace said...

You are already having those mommy moments of reflection. So it begins.

Candy said...

the very reason I haven't been taking Ethan to the library nearly as often as he needs to go! We are SO loud, Ev runs everywhere and screams when I try to pick him up... guess I should be like you and go anyway. :) :) :)
Ethan LOVES the Magic Treehouse books and has read them all, they are GREAT books!
LOVE that last pic, super cute! :)

Anonymous said...

My son likes the Magic Treehouse books too, and has read lots of them. When my daughter Kayla was younger she read them too. Now, she likes to read mysteries. My son likes to read all kinds of books and always has. He is active unless is reading a book or playing a board or computer game, or handheld game. My daughter loves to sing and is in choir and wears out her voice, as outside of choir sometimes she sings too much. Which isn't good for her voice. She like music and can play the piano buy ear some, as well as a recorder. She is talented musically and academically. She gets good grades in English, Social Studies, History and her Oral communications/speech class too. My son is smart too and likes to challenge himself. Children grow so fast. Try having a daughter turning 16 and a son turning 14 this year. They grow in the blink of an eye. I remember when mine where the age yours are now. I remember the Princess parties, and the times the kids always wanted to play with each other, now they do hang out some, but they each have their own friends that they like to hang out with. When they do things together it is special, since that is a rare sight compared to when they were smaller. Enjoy every minute of them being younger, it doesn't last long, believe me. Hope you and Alexee and Crosby have a good day. God bless the Garner family.

Woodena

Jessica said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who drags the camera into the library. : ) Sweet moments!