I think Rhett has had a great birthday. I hope so anyway! Yesterday I got to have lunch with him at school. I picked up Sonic and cupcakes for our birthday lunch date. It's always fun to see him at school--his face lights up and he runs to hug me. :)
Lunch with my 7 year old


I got one vanilla cupcake with St. Patrick's green sprinkles and one with peanut butter chips baked into it with PB icing and half a NutterButter stuck on top. I let him choose, and he wanted the PB one but he let me try it. Y-U-M...will definitely go back to the bakery for one of those!

His class goes straight to recess after lunch. I went outside with him for a little while before it was time to leave to pick up A & C.
This morning he opened two gifts before school. Alexee and Crosby gave him a package of water guns. Lane and I gave him swim trunks, t-shirts (he liked the Scooby Doo shirts) and a Nintendo DSi Nerf case and game. He was happy about those.
Right before leaving for school--he didn't want to be serious. :) He wanted to wear lots of green for St. Patrick's Day. 

It has been such a busy and exciting day. This was also Lane's Match Day (post to come), so Lane's parents volunteered to come up to keep the kids during match and to visit R on his birthday. It was great having them here. They went to birthday dinner with us too. Before dinner
(It was a beautiful, 80 degree day!)
We usually don't let R take his game in restaurants, but we did today because it was his birthday. He was really interested in his new game that Grammy & Bobba gave him.
Garner kids
(almost) 2, 7 and 4

Grammy & Alexee

Bob & Lane

Crosby wasn't very hungry tonight--he only ate a few bites of his purple ice cream.

C enjoyed his Grammy & Bobba time

We hope you had a great day, Rhett!


0 comments:
Post a Comment