Friday, June 4, 2010

"I miss my school"

Day 2 of summer break: At 7:45 this morning, Rhett said, "I miss my school." I asked if he missed his friends and Miss Johns, and he said, "Yes, and my classroom...but it probably looks different with all the decorations off the walls now." As excited as he is to be out for the summer, he truly had a wonderful school year, and it probably is a little bit of an adjustment for him to not have that routine. So we left at 8:00 to go to the church playground. It was overcast today, so it was actually a really pleasant time to play outside. The kids were all good and all had fun playing together. We were the only ones on the playground.

Look how big Crosby looks with Rhett holding him! C had so much fun walking around the everywhere. I haven't wanted to rush things with him at all, but I was actually looking forward to him moving from a crawl to a walk for days like today. He was happier exploring than sitting in the stroller (although he's always been sweet to do that too).
Back at home, making collages. Cutting and pasting was entertaining for a while.
Rhett and Alexee rolled up in blankets (Crosby had fun tackling them).

0 comments: