Monday, June 28, 2010

New in town: Orange Leaf

I happened to notice this store today as we drove by (I guess their colorful logo worked), so I took the kids back after their naps to see what it was about. It's a chain, but I'd never heard of it before. And it is Rhett's new favorite place--it was like the fun of a vending machine x 1,000! As the sign indicates, it's self-serve. There are numerous yogurt flavor choices, and the lever in the middle allows you to swirl the two flavors in that block. Then, the real excitement comes at the end of the line with the toppings station (I didn't get a picture of that), but the kids loved the wide selection. They added chocolate chips, cherries, sprinkles, gummy bears, etc.

Two negatives:
1) They didn't have high chairs for some reason, and Crosby could reach the bottom part of the yogurt machines and kept pulling parts off of them while I tried to help R & A with their orders.

2) They weigh your yogurt cups at the end of the line, and you pay by the ounce. All the toppings I mentioned weighed more than I would have thought...we spent $13 on yogurt for the four of us. Rhett has already mentioned several times that we "definitely need to go back there this summer!" It's always fun to try a new place!




5 comments:

Candy said...

wow, that does sound like a fun place! :)

The Keltons said...

Cool. Wish we had one.

Jacquie said...

Looks great... but $13 for yogurt?? Yow!!

Jacquie said...

I take that back... I just realized Kayla and I ate at Cold Stone today and it was $11+ for two! Ha!

on the eastern journey said...

We went to a yogurt place like that in California when we were visiting the states. I loved tasting all the different kinds of yogurt. (This place had tasting cups everywhere.) Hubs loaded ours up with fruit. It was expensive, but a fun place to go on a date. And after we were finished eating, I didn't feel as guilty as I do after Coldstone.