I noticed this little lizard sitting on the deck the other day. I only got one in-focus picture of him because the camera fogged up from the humidity. I don't mind lizards as long as I see them first. Lane did find a (non-venomous) snake of some kind under the steps to the deck the other day...and that I DO mind! The kids' rain boots were sitting right by the steps and all I could think about was that snake getting in one of the boots or the watering can and waiting for me to find him! 
Fresh produce! One banana pepper on my pepper plant!
I'm getting a late start on Spring-Cleaning this year, but I've been in a major get-things-organized mood recently. We've lived here three years and never hung curtains in our bedroom even though the rod was already there from the previous home-owners. Crosby, Alexee and I went to Bed Bath & Beyond on Monday and bought these simple panels on sale. They're not fancy, but I think they make the room look more cozy. Now I just need to get Lane to hang a few pictures on the walls (one of his favorite jobs--ha!).
Holly used her Southern Living "Dress-me-up plate" at Heather's sip & see last weekend, so I was inspired to get mine out of the cabinet today and dress it up for summer. :)
And my biggest project right now: THE OFFICE. It's a mess...and a big one. It's going to take a while, but I finally got started. Earlier this week I bought file folders and started going through the old files in the drawers (back from several years ago when we were at the old house and I was more organized...I used to file things when it was just me, Lane & Rhett. Nothing gets filed now--just tossed in a stack and moved out of the way as needed). And I started moving piles of paper--some to the shredder, some to the trash can, some to the new file folders...Boy do I love to throw things away! I really love to be organized. I'm not any more, but deep down, I would like to be. Disarray drives me crazy. I hate to even show this mess, but maybe showing a "before" picture will push me to finish the project so I can post an "after" photo soon. Lane has picture-hanging to do in this room too, and I'd like to get a chair and lamp for the corner by the window. I hope this cleaning mood lasts for a while--I could potentially get a lot done around here!
Today we went to eat lunch at a little restaurant near this lake. I love the lily pads--they were covered in pink blooms. It was hot and humid today. The weather said "94, feels like 100", and Alexee wanted to eat outside under the umbrella. Their little faces were so pink, and I was so hot and grouchy. I wish we had more spring and fall here. :(
Except for the heat, it was a pleasant, relaxing place. (Well, it was until I told Alexee it was time to go and she threw a big fit because she wanted to stay and try to touch the swan.)
This was before I told her it was time to go. She was hoping the swan would come right up to her, but this was as close as he got. I felt bad for her, but the sign did say to beware of the swans because they can be aggressive.


6 comments:
I am so inspired by your cleaning! We still have about 30 boxes that need to be unpacked. yikes. Not to mention that our office is out of control. I should hang curtains and something on the walls too. ha!
Thank you for posting this! I've been getting onto myself for being in our home for 6 months and not getting our master bedroom decorated (you put yourself last as a parent, right?) Well, I plan on tackling that soon. I think your room looks nice and cozy! : )
The sign isn't kidding. I've run from those swans before, and I wasn't even trying to get them to come near me. I just wanted to take a stroll around the lake. J said he'd never seen me run that fast. Ha!
Jamie,
I am so horrible to comment on blogs- I'm just ridiculously busy most days, but I have to tell you how adorable your family is. You are just the epitomy of Southern charm! : ) Too bad we don't live closer!
This must be the summer for organizing and sprucing up. We've been working in the yard landscaping and cleaning around here. Chris even told me today that he stopped at Amerigas and got paint so I can paint the propane tank! It's okay, it's ugly and I've threatened to do it with regular paint. I took a few pictures of the finished product, but it was a little dark. I'll take some more in the morning and post them on my blog. I've also got a little laundry room project, but I need one more cabinet...which I'll be picking up next week!
I got tickled at you saying you were hot and grouchy. You said almost the same thing to the kids today. Ha!!!
I really enjoyed getting to see R and J this week!! I loved R telling me that he was going to be at Bible School every year until he was old enough to be a helper. I loved that conversation... so sweet!!!
And Alexee made my day asking me to lift her up... I know it was about seeing the bird, but it still made my day (oh, and how she was feeling my curls the whole time she was telling me about the birds in Mo's barn).
I know you have your hands full, but your kids have given me more smiles and laughter that you'll ever know!! Thanks for sharing them with us!
Post a Comment