Today was day 4 of swim lessons. I forgot to take the camera to R's lesson, but took it to A's a little later. Rhett has had his eye on the snack shack all week, so today he took some of his savings to the pool to purchase a treat. I thought it was so sweet that he took enough money to buy his sister something without me even asking him to. When we got back in the car to leave he said, "Now Alexee, you need to tell me 'thank you' for buying that for you." :) She thanked him and enjoyed her Skittles. Rhett likes to save his money, but vending machines (and in this case snack shacks) are his weakness.
I think it's cute when she stands with her hands on her hips like this. I made a quick trip into Old Navy last night to try to get the kids each a new swimsuit, but I quickly realized that everyone else in the world bought swimsuits months ago. I think there were four remaining girls' suits to choose from, and they had this one in her size. But the advantage to shopping this late--clearance prices! I thought she might not like it because it's not pink or purple, but she was so excited about the tulle that I'm not sure she noticed the color at first. I told her she looked like a ray of sunshine--she looked pretty sweet! When we got to her lesson, her teacher (R's kindergarten teacher) told her she liked her pretty swimsuit. Alexee was at the edge of the pool but turned around and ran back over to me and whispered, "She said she likes my suit!". 


This afternoon a summer storm blew in. It was so refreshing to see and hear rain falling. It has been so terribly hot and dry. I'm glad that crepe myrtles don't mind the heat. This one in the back yard is in full bloom.
And tonight we celebrated our dog Bogart's 7th birthday with bowls of ice cream for all the kids. You can probably guess which one is Bogart's!
I was pregnant with Rhett when we went to choose a puppy (Labor Day weekend 2003). I had on black sandals, and out of all the puppies in the room, Bogart came up to me and sat down on my foot. So we knew he was the one meant to go home with us!


4 comments:
Happy Birthday Bogart!!!
And Alexee looks precious in that suit! She is so sweet!!!
Happy 7th to Bogart. I sure am glad to have Izzy after a week like this one. :)
The little yellow swim suit is so cute!
I told your Dad the other day that when the boys were young, they got minimal allowances, something like a dollar x their age per week. Kale would save every dollar and buy big ticket items... he bought a gun cabinet, stereo with surround sound, TV, DVR, 35mm camera, etc. Tyler spent every cent of his at ballgames at the concession stand! ha!
I love Alexee's yellow suit! I'm also jealous of the rain, it thundered here for a few minutes, then the dark clouds parted and the sun came back out. I thought we would for sure get rain today because Chris has hay down!
Love Alexee's sunshine suit!! So cute with those hands on her hips!!
Happy Birthday Bogart! He's getting "middle-aged" dog-year-wise!!
Post a Comment