Friday, March 6, 2009

Country life

We're having a great time at my parents' house. We plan to go home in the morning, and I'll have more pictures then. The March winds are blowing, but other than the wind, the weather is warm and beautiful, so we've enjoyed playing outside. Rhett has been helping Mo feed lots of horses and cows. We had a Sonic picnic in the back of the truck this afternoon, and stopped to have birthday cake with Mom's neighbor who's celebrating her 93rd birthday!

Here they are riding the pony this evening when Granddad got home from work:

6 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Your kids are SO blessed to get to experience country life. These stories remind me of when I used to visit my grandparents on their farm. They are some of my most cherished memories, and I'm sure R, A and C will feel the same way one day.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time, I especially love the first photo of her leaning over the fence to pat the horse. :)

Jacquie said...

I got to see Rhett at church (helping Granddad) Wednesday night. You just don't know how much I want to take him home with me!!! He's such a little man - I guess, in my heart of hearts, he reminds me of Kale when he was young.

He told me he'd been helping Mo feed, and that they haven't had many baby calves, yet, "but we did have one last night!" SO CUTE!!!

I hope you don't mind that I always take him to the church office for suckers! :)

His Doorkeeper said...

I love that R and A wear their boots to the country!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

You always make me want to visit Flippin with these posts :o) The picture of Alexee feeding the horse is precious!

In His Army said...

Dad was cracking me up with all the funnies from Rhett...about you overhearing himin the car telling Banner that "actually I live in another house in another city..." That's so cute. I think we're on for Thrusday if you still plan on going. We'll have to leave at dawn and miss a week of school to make it, but I really what to go!