Sunday, March 15, 2009

More Birthday Celebration

It has been a busy but fun Sunday. This morning was my last day to serve in the church cafe for a while (probably until this fall when C's a little older and goes to the nursery). I've really enjoyed serving there--it's been a lot of fun, and I've enjoyed all the people I've worked with. I'll miss it for the next few months. I promised Rhett a few weeks ago that he could go with me on my last work day and have a doughnut and hang out there for a little while. He actually stayed the whole time instead of going to his class. He helped me carry boxes of strawberries from the freezer, threw trash away, helped me restock the coffee cups, etc. He was impressed with the walk-in fridge and freezer. I liked having him there with me. The super nice lady in charge of the cafe, Becky, had a gift for Crosby this morning...a really cute book and these little baby booties!
When we got home from church, Alexee wanted me to replace her pink & brown matching bow with these. (This is the look she gives you when you ask her to do something she has no interest in doing):
I went upstairs to get something and came back down to find this on the cover of Crosby's baby book. I guess that's the kind of thing a third child just learns to live with. Maybe he'll appreciate his sister's artwork. :) (Actually, to my surprise, it wiped off with a wet washcloth. I put it safely(?) in the bottom of a drawer for now. I didn't open it up to see if she scribbled on the inside pages, too. I really didn't want to know at that exact moment.)
Lane's parents arrived around 2:00 and spent the afternoon with the kids while Lane and I ran a few errands before an early dinner. We all went to McAlister's and then came back to the house to share R's Scooby-Doo birthday cake.

Grammy & Alexee
Happy Birthday to Rhett!
Thanks for celebrating with us, Grammy & Bobba!
I'm so thankful for this birthday boy!
Last week when I was in Flippin, Mom passed along a gift certificate that she had and told me to go shopping--thanks, Mom! With it I bought these silk tulips (don't they look real!?) and the glass jar on the left along with the lemons inside it. Hobby Lobby was having a sale on greenery and glassware last week, so I added the green vines, two more glass jars and the spring eggs in the jar on the right (I have one more jar to fill--any suggestions?).
Today Lane's Mom brought me these adorable spring bunnies, so I added them to the table arrangement (at least until Alexee discovers them). I just love spring/Easter decorations--they'e so cheerful. Thank you for the sweet gift, Rose Mary!
I'm 37 weeks today (photo not available). We are scheduled to induce on the 26th...ELEVEN days from now! I can't help but think C might decide to come before that. I've never just gone into labor before, so I don't actually know what to watch for or expect, but I just have this feeling that he might. We'll see...please keep us in your prayers!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Rhett looks SOOO grown up in that top picture!
I love that picture of Alexee - she makes me laugh. I think she will grow up to be something else sandwiched between two boys.
Did you make that scooby doo cake??? it is so good - you never cease to amaze me!
I can't believe Crosby is almost here!!!

We've Got Scents said...

Happy Birthday Rhett! What a cute cake and wonderful pictures from his special day (leaving out Crosby's baby book:). But very thankful it cleaned up easily.
Please know I am praying for you. Cannot believe it is almost time for Crosby's arrival.
Blessings to all of you,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

Jacquie said...

Wow!! The Dr. is letting you go early! Eleven days is so soon. (Not to panic you further.)

You'd never know from any of your pictures that you are even pregnant. You look so tiny still.

If it makes you feel any better... on Tyler's birthday when Kale was in kindergarten, I found out that Kale has stolen all of Tyler's money (about $33 from WAY up high in the kitchen cabinet) and bought school supplies to give away to "make friends". I was devastated and thought I for sure would be visiting him one day in prison... but he turned out alright, I suppose!! ha!

Anonymous said...

Your Scooby cake turned out so cute! Wow. I'm sorry Alexee colored on Crosby's baby book. Amazing that is washed off. OK! 11 days is zipping by! I'm sure.

Heather said...

Cake looks fabulous, and love the new spring table arrangement!! Brooks also colored on his baby book and it didn't come off. I smile every time I look at it now and know 20 years from now we'll laugh about it. I really wish I could be in LR on the 26th to come meet C at the hospital and help you. :)